What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some N. Thorelii in my home

I'm looking for the best way to multiplication this N. Can someone have good idea :-( ?

The best way to make more plants would be to take the tallest vines and cut them. Also, it that Truncata in you avatar your own?

@Mr. Truncata : Yup, My avatar is N. Truncata

You have a fantastic collection of N. "thorelii". I can see you have cut off the old, long vines. When the current growths get long, you could cut them (cuttings) or make rhizome divisions. If you make the rhizome divisions, figure that the smaller the piece of rhizome, the longer it will take to become a show plant like what you have now.
Maybe you could tell us where you live and how you grow N. thorelii? You are having great success and it is always interesting to hear what other growers are doing to achieve that success. Keep it up!

Maybe you could tell us where you live and how you grow N. thorelii?
Yes, please do! My understanding was that it wasn't an extremely difficult species, and it looks great. And great Truncata to!

Yah, you deffiantly need more.:rolleyes: Looks like you could remove a few basals from some of the larger plants.

Those plants are absolutely gorgeous. They remind me of fireworks! It looks like your already multiplying and repotting them. Seriously impressive collection of thorelli. WOW!

Great thorelii!
You should find some other growers in your country and trade some of your extra thorelii for other neps:)

I'm living in Vietnam, and that N. Thorelii hard to multiplication. About 30% of success when i cut off the long vines and raise them.. The way i did is use the multimedia mix from coconut shell and silic sands. But whatever, important with of this way is you must take them to direct sunlight, so hot so good. :). In my country, that only some growers like me.. That plant so hard to grow for everyone in my country..

And if you want to grow them under electric light, you must use 3 of types. 6500K and 10000k and 20000k together. It will be White, Red and Blue light...

wow that is a very nice plant, do the pitchers get any bigger or is that as large as they get? still very nice pitchers, they make up for size with quantity and they have very nice coloring

wow that is a very nice plant, do the pitchers get any bigger or is that as large as they get? still very nice pitchers, they make up for size with quantity and they have very nice coloring

Because they have much age. Next year i'll find the way can trade some my thorelii with you guys in this forum for other nepenthes :)...

isnt it illegal to trade/sell wild collected plants though? even if its not illegal to collect them in your area, distribution might be Phoenix.

I am not sure about the collecting-probably depends on where(preserve or un-owned /public area), but he would need CITES and Phyto and we would need two permits.
Did I see you are rooting the cuttings in full sun? If so, I think mottled sun would work better. Then start introducing them to more light once they root.

Cheers,

Joe

isnt it illegal to trade/sell wild collected plants though? even if its not illegal to collect them in your area, distribution might be Phoenix.

Yeah, actually, I think Phoenix said (on the chatbox) that he collects and multiplies these plants lawfully in Vietnam, SK.
As for distributing these, you gotta realize that there is a lot of relatively recently wild-collected material and seed in cultivation/circulation - including reputed nurseries, i.e., BE. So I doubt it's illegal to ditribute these. Of course, to send them from Vietnam to another country would require the appropriate permits.

Back