What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

truncata again, looking nice:)

I might be posting too many pics, but I had to post these:)
11inch/27.9 cm truncata pitcher.

truncata1.jpg

truncata3.jpg

truncata4.jpg

truncata5.jpg

peace,
Zero

I might be posting too many pics

Never! That is a gorgeous N. truncata. How much does the peristome color up as it ages?

xvart.

Lovely plant! Though I do think you should just post updates on the same thread so we can see its progression!

xvart, sadly the show only lasts a few days:) The persitome curls over and gets a deep red.
The pitcher size may be a record for Maine:)
The leaf on this one was under developed for some reason, but this is the largest pitcher to date.

Oooooooo ahhhhhhhhhh! Is it the lowland or the highland variant? And how old is it, or do you know? I am interested to know when I can expect mine to be that big :)

Excellent job man! It's always nice to see more pics of large truncatas.

The damaged one I got in the mail is recovering nicely... maybe I'll post pics some day.

That is great. What do you do to get the pitchers so big, do you pour coke into them?

i love your truncatas zero! too many pics pssh!

That's turning out beautifully.

And I agree, one cannot post too many pictures. Honestly, half the reason I come to this site is in the hopes some pictures are posted.

Zero, I just had to come in here and comment on your plants. I haven't had much time lately to be active in the forums, but I still try to read them at work and I've noticed all your great plants lately. Kudos on your green thumb and your wonderful collection dude. Beautiful growing, all of your plants... thanks for sharing the pics. I'm with nightsky on this one: "...half the reason I come to this site is in the hopes some pictures are posted." Lately you've been pulling through nicely. I've noticed a lot of drama elsewhere lately, so it's nice to come and admire the plants once again.

Daniel

How long the leaf can grow to perfect and create the pitcher ?

Back