What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

color

I got a eymae a year or so ago. It has gone from a three inch baby to 11 inches across. For a few months after I got it it had purple leaves. Moving it outside this sumer the color was lost. Light was increased to 9 hours a day. It has not come back with the fall, new leaves are green. If anyone knows how to get that purple color I would appreciate it, the color was really cool.

I think you would need high lighting, but I really don't know. Nep. noob:) Hope it Helps

That can't be it. I moved it to higher light levels and it faded.

I think that loss of leaf coloration might just be a natural part of transitioning between the seedling stage and the juvenile stage...I know that happens to BE's seedgrown N. hamatas.
However, my N. sanguinea and N. 'Judith Finn' started taking on a purplish hue when intermediate/highland conditions developed on my windowsill (rather than lowland conditions in the summer). Could it be the temps?

I think sangs get red in low light and get green in high light, so maybe it is the same way with eymae? Or it could be that it needs a lot of light. I had my ramispina in full sun and it was green and it was deep red for Clint. I don't I am gonna put that one outside again though, It is just starting to recover from be drowned by weekly rainstorms.

Back