Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bizzare

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first ventricosa passed away about a year ago for reasons unknown.

My new little ventricosa is a Lowe's rescue that I suspect is seed grown and is quite small but growing slowly and steadily. I think that this one may make it to "adulthood".
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine suddenly declined to the point I thought it was going to die. I still don't know why it suddenly went downhill as no conditions had changed. But now, about 6 months later, it is doing great. I really like ventricosas. My main complaint is that the pitchers don't seem to last all that long on my plant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, my ventricosa seems to only pitchers for me if it gets full sun during the summer and usually makes large healthy pitchers even though the stem needs support. I think certain clones are just hardy while others are weak like nepenthes. Nightsky, I don't have that problem, usually mine would last until next summer but, usually the lid and lips dry out and I cut off the pithers becuase of lower humidity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My N. ventricosa has pitchered well for me in a variety of conditions...LL in a near-saturated terrarium, then low-humidity LL on the windowsill, then in an outdoors covered growrack (in NM summer shade/partial sun) that fried a few cacti epidermises, then back on the windowsill, in intermediate-HL conditions. It makes the best, most colorful and sturdy pitchers in HL conditions...

...especially when the tendril inflates in the shade. Could it be that the tendrils are getting too much light for their comfort?
    "I'm just a scientist without the proper documentation."

My Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=113724

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, I think Jimy might be right, maybe you could try shading one of the fresh trendals? (usually mine plants pitchers are shaded by the plants leaves)

Katherine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Ventricosa that I bought from the Warehouse (eqiuvalent to Lowes, but different country)
    which has sent up it's first pitcher for me - a full 10cm not inlcuding the lid. This plant is on a sunny windowsill, which reaches up to the mid 20's (degrees celcius) sometimes to 30, but drops to 15 degrees or less at night. Can't comment on humidity, but my plant really seems to like it there
    Drosera Arcturi-The Alpine Sundew...

I'm an AMP People's Choice Applicant this year, please vote for me here:
    http://ampvoting.orcas.co.nz/Applicants/Details/10699

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe your conditions are too advanced : O and they are a new cultivar of ventricosa that needs to be in bad conditions. o_o ya never know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12