What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bicalcarata!!!!!! DUI!!!

Bicalcarata!!!!!! DUW

My nepenthes bicalcarata has been at a freinds place untill i could get my house of green up so finnally i got it back!!!! and it has grown!

whole plant this thing is gigantic! 32 inches in diameter!!!

Picture003.jpg

look at the teeth!

Picture001.jpg

one of the medium size traps with my hand

Picture014.jpg

one of the smaller traps 3 1/2 inches tall

Picture013.jpg

some more pics

Picture009.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture011.jpg

a basil trap

Picture012.jpg

look at this monster!!!

Picture024.jpg

Picture026.jpg

this stem is an inch thick~!!!

Picture040.jpg

leaves over a foot and a half long

Picture039.jpg

4 1/2 inch wide!

Picture038.jpg

my big one next to my small one

Picture042.jpg

size difference

Picture044.jpg

Picture047.jpg

Picture052.jpg

a 5 inch tall label next to the largest trap!

Picture045-1.jpg

and yes this is growing in a highland greenhouse! next to a rajah the difference is it is directly over the heater wich has a large pilot light that is alwas on

thanks

matt

You and Me; gotta talk out something for that basil. It looks amazing.

Cool. I can't wait until mine just makes fangs!

WOW NICE BICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it i really have trouble with my bical.Its a cutting and for about 3 months it just grew 2 leaves and now i only see one forming bud which is hardly moving for about 1 month but so far its still light brown......I have totally no idea what to do..

Ken

You should name the little fella Godzilla. :D

That's one of the biggest neps I've ever seen! About how long are the fangs on the largest pitcher, an inch, half an inch?

hey kent,

Bicals take a while to settle in. And dont change their conditions at all! Once they settle in. get ready for something like Matts beautiful specimen!

They don't grow that fast, only once they put on size, then they pick up. Mine is close to a year with me are it still has no fangs. (and it is pitchering) Its conditions are pretty constant, up to the low 90's or high 80's in the day and never drops below the high 70's at night and the humidity is kinda high but the mold/fungus problem came and went with out much effect on the plants... On the other hand my amp was a 1 inch plant, but instead of slowly growing into a nice sized plant its leaves suddenly doubled in size! I need to find a more permanent home for it.

Very nice bical, Matt. You'll soon need a larger growing space just for it!

Wow, my bical has just recently started to take off. Pitcher are not quite that size yet, but I guess I can see what I have to look forward to! Great plant and pics

thanks guys i left the plant at my friends greenhouse last january and its leafspan was about the size of a leaf and it had no traps

so it grew and it grew fast! some of his specimens are about 4 feet across with 6inch traps! i will be visiting him once again soon so i will get some pics of some of the stuff he grows!

matt

lol, well I bet he isn't keeping his as a highlander like a few members here...

wait, why does the title say your bical got a DUI? :0o:

lol j/k

Hi Guys

Okays i shall leave it there awhile

Ken

Wow that is impressive. It's scary! They get way too big. Mine is very small in comparison, but the traps are still largish. And the teeth and nectaries are great. I have never had a trap that didn't have teeth? That would be really dissappointing. Even the smallest have noticable fangs.

Back