What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windowsill Neps Keep You Ant-Free! :D

Thanks to my Neps, ants didn't come in and invade my room. :) Hopefully, they got a good snack.

Sanguinea:
SN853332.jpg

SN853333.jpg

x Ventrata:
SN853335.jpg

SN853336.jpg

Thats a lot of ants. It reminds me of the summer. An entire nest of yellow jackets was eaten by my truncata.

Don't let Ant see that!

(it's a pun)

Haha, I thought the same after I posted it. xD

They look like Prenolepis imparis. In Florida they are usual only active in winter and got the name winter ant. Also like honeypot ants they have some workers that store food so they don't have to forage during the hotter months. They love to eat sugary liquids and other sweet things and that is why they love your nepenthes.

lol, darn you people for predicting my actions!

ant nerdd lol xP just kidding. That happened to my sarracenia, but the ants got smart and started nibbling off the lid. :() darn you ant?

Hey, ants lived on earth longer then you did, and they will outsmart you and a non-thinking plant if you let them. Also large hornets learned to grip on to the top side of the pitchers lid and drink upside down to avoid the lips of my ventricosa.

They look like Prenolepis imparis. In Florida they are usual only active in winter and got the name winter ant. Also like honeypot ants they have some workers that store food so they don't have to forage during the hotter months. They love to eat sugary liquids and other sweet things and that is why they love your nepenthes.

lol, darn you people for predicting my actions!

Oh hey, you know about ants? How hard is it to dig up a queen ant for an ant farm? :D Had a strange and evil idea last year of setting up an ant farm in a terrarium next to a terrarium with a few CPs in -- a refreshing, unlimited food source for my CP collection. :)

Back