What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just some pics

EdaxFlamma

The Consuming Flame
Just some fun pics (here you go rattler).

My ventricosa bush with an eymae lurking below:
3253876901_e8e99fff12.jpg

The lurker eymae:
3254704132_947f01fef2.jpg

My "Sabre" which is now a bush... yay 2 basals!
3254704084_fbf04a122b.jpg

My little mutant (TC mutant):
3253877107_846fe5951b.jpg

3253876711_cbe66f5260.jpg

"Sabre" and friend:
3254703746_2db3b8a1e4.jpg

3254703778_a9277ac624.jpg

Jacquelineae
3254704178_d4cf323905.jpg

3254703830_0c46b52e38.jpg

Sad sang... is it even worth saving?
3253876991_932aa69ccc.jpg

3253877033_ca4fe1c405.jpg

Tada?
-J.P.

I love that ventricosa bush. xD Looking good. :) Update us on the jacq!

Excellent plants. How many points are on the ventricosa bush?

4. it had six but aborted two of them. I love it tho... teeny tiny red pitchers everywhere haha

I cant grow neps. They hate me. Even in high humidity, they wont grow. In the terra is also Tuberous Sundews.. which is, in my opinion, easier to grow. -.- I hate neps, even though their from my home country. grrrr. maybe i should eat my raff.

wow mutant !!!! what kind of nepenthe r the mutant?

Nice eymae. Mine has very similar looking pitchers right now... I want to know when the crazy uppers will show up. I like your ventricosa pot too - mine is just starting to bush out. It threw up a bunch of new basals when I moved it into a bigger pot in the Spring. All these picture threads have got me thinking about doing one of my own...
~Joe

I cant grow neps. They hate me. Even in high humidity, they wont grow. In the terra is also Tuberous Sundews.. which is, in my opinion, easier to grow. -.- I hate neps, even though their from my home country. grrrr. maybe i should eat my raff.

Just be patient, and keep them in stable conditions. It may take months, or even up to a year, but normally they will rebound. I have a ventricosa x inermis, supposedly super easy, that refused to pitcher the first year after I got it.

Great plants Edax. That is quite the ventricosa bush you have there.

Indigo,

I am not entirely sure. I am fairly certain that it is a ventrata that got through quality control. The chances of any mutant getting out are fairly slim but when things are mass produced the margin of error goes up. And that's why I keep it. There are some people who feel very strongly that it should be destroyed so that it doesn't affect the gene pool (assuming it is fertile) but as long as I keep it I will make sure that I remove and all flowers it throws up. The farthest back I can trace the plant is from Glider14 and I'm not sure what has happened to his. This plant is a cutting from (maybe a cutting from) his original plant. It has been known to throw off a "normal" pitcher every now and then but the stem growth pattern, the way the leaves sit on the stem, and the numerous nectar glands on the outside of the pitcher all remain regardless. It's a neat little guy.

Joe,
I love the way the eymae is looking!! I too am waiting for the little goblets to form but I think I've got a while... I have noticed though that there is a tiny appendage that hangs down from the lid which reminds me of linguata http://www.humboldt.edu/~rrz7001/Nepenthes.html
Do you have this on yours?

The ventricosa was originally a 2" vine that I tried to take cuttings of and failed miserably because I left too many nodes. The rootstock on the other hand exploded after I removed its little auxin supply but then too many nodes activated at once and really took a toll on the plant. I don't think it's too happy with 4 now as they are all competing with each other but I think it's adapting.

Last edited:
Back