What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. Sibuyanensis

here are a couple shots from my newly opened N. Sibuyanensis pitcher, it clearly doesnt look like a classic sibuyanensis lower pitcher...the vine is acutally about 8" or so, with half under the media.

NSibuyanensis2-9-09002.jpg

NSibuyanensis2-9-09001.jpg

here is its previous pitcher, this one should color its peristome up like this one after a few weeks.
neps12-1-08001.jpg

Sexy

Nice plant. Personally I think they look nicer before they color up.

It looks so much like Ventricosa. They've got to be related somehow.

Lol davy, yes they are very closely related :)

Looking great! Update us as the peristome colors up. :D

awesome! What is the pitchers size?

This pitcher is a little smaller than the previous but the pitcher itself is a better color than the previous imo. The pitcher is about 3 inches or so not including the lid. I'm expecting the plant to start putting out large pitchers soon. But its not puting out your typical lowers. So I'm thinking its the beginning of intermediate pitchers, as the tendril placement is different than most any sibuyanensis lower I've seen. The pitcher shape in general is also very different.

Never heard of this species before... I like it!

Wow finch lol!!! Its become a major plant in popular hybrids lately lol...its a pretty slow grower but it has very nice pitchers. I'm rather proud of this plant since its apparently hard to get it to pitcher. It decided to grace me with the previous one and this one. Let's hope for more ;) I hope it is a female when it blooms. These plants have a massive influorescence

I absolutely hate this plant because it's the hardest nep to grow for me.

It seems to have growth cycles - even though the light, humidity, temps, and watering is the same throughout the year.

You're doing good with it though. ;) Great job!

Great sib!
I can't even grow ventricosa so I haven't got a sib yet :)

I absolutely hate this plant because it's the hardest nep to grow for me.

It seems to have growth cycles - even though the light, humidity, temps, and watering is the same throughout the year.

You're doing good with it though. ;) Great job!

Orchidioides Section Utrics do the same thing....... :D

thanks for the comments guys :) im very proud of this plant...glad its doing well for me.

Back