What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crissytal

What is and what should never be
N. spectabilis x ventricosa
IMG_0306.jpg

N. truncata (Pasian highland)
IMG_0324.jpg

N. bicalcarata
IMG_0471.jpg

N. bicalcarata x ampullaria
IMG_0475.jpg

N. ampullaria
IMG_0482.jpg

N. talangensis x veitchii - beginning to show some color
IMG_0493.jpg

N. hamata clone 3 (I think)
IMG_0405.jpg

N. x Miranda? (ID was uncertain)
IMG_0401.jpg

Colored up
IMG_0622.jpg

Crystal

Fantastic neps! Spect x ventricosa has such an amazing peristome, and the hamata is looking great! It's in intermediate conditions, isn't it?

i think shes growing it in lowland conditions Cap. and yeah i think that is a Miranda :)

Thanks! Yes they are in intermediate conditions. I have redone my setup so the conditions are more toward the highland side of intermediate instead of closer to being lowland conditions. I sealed the area off, used some styrofoam on three sides to help insulate and used plastic on the rest. I added a fan and humidifier. Conditions range between 65-75 depending on the temperature outside. There is no night time drop. This summer I'm hoping it will be a bit cooler than 82 but who knows. I'll probably need to move everything down to floor level to have a decent difference once it warms up. The changes I made were not necessary for the Nepenthes but my few Helis are enjoying the conditions.

Very nice Crissytal. Glad to see your plants are doing well. And welcome back...haven't seen you around in awhile!

Thanks guys.

Sasha, glad to be back. I've been lurking more lately than posting. Guess I've been taking somewhat of a break.

I love the black stripes on the pristome on the first nep :) I love your Hamata

Great pics...especially like the spec x vent and the nectar drops on N. bicalcarata.

Good job!

Nice neps:)
I can't wait till my LL neps wake up.

Simply scrumptious Crissytal. :bigthumpup:

Looking real good!

Very nice Crissy, you do have nice plants

:hail:

Looking really good! Do you have any pics of your entire setup?

Thanks everyone! :)

Bucky I took some pictures just for you.

Lowland setup with T5 lighting
IMG_0824.jpg

Rack setup, full view (clear plastic across the front is down for the picture)
IMG_0776.jpg

Humidifier exhaust and fan
IMG_0778.jpg

Humidifier and extention
IMG_0777.jpg

Back