Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: N lowii care tips

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no problem your not the first....given they are smaller than most are sold at more than a few have assumed they are seed grown.......prolly dont help that i saw lowii seed for sale with in the last few months aswell and im sure im not the only one that saw them....rather easy to jump to that conclusion....

im just making sure that someone doesnt think that i have something i really dont....and they are stock that originated from TC here in the states and not over seas so they are different than most that are floating around....course from the couple major overseas TC places they list atleast 24 clones of lowii between them so its not like there isnt any variation already out there.....

my lowii arent anything special.....they is just tiny at the moment
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lowiis start making those weird pitchers after they start climbing. They like a good airy mix, cool temperatures, and so-and-so humidity. Mt. Kinabalu clones are rumored to grow faster.
    "I, for one, can't wait to grow Nepenthes extincta!"
    Plant List ; blog

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Lowii, I kind of want to get one. I'm torn up between that or eppiphiata... They look so similar, and I do like some of the characteristics of a little mor ein the lower pitchers. But lowiis uppers are a bit more constricted right?
    Who thinks a lowii would be more worth it in the long run?
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same problem deciding between the two. You can always just do what I did....get both!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol yeah, I've got both too. I got lowii first, since imo. Its lowers look better than ephippiata which is very tubby and has a dome shaped lid, while lowii is more elongated with a normal flat lid, the bristles on lowii are a lot more crazy on lowii too. And yes ephippiata's waist is a lot less constricted than lowii's in the climbing stage. I was under the impression that the Mt. Trusmadi variety of lowii was the faster one, but I could be wrong, and probably am lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be hard-pressed to pick. Definitely as far as uppers go, lowii's got the win, but right now, they both have their up sides. I like the domed lid on the ephippiata, the striped lip, and the tubbier shape. My lowii's not showing the hairs, yet, but the pitchers seem to be more cylindrical, but are colored a gorgeous burgundy. The ephippiata's growing at a significantly faster pace, opening two pitchers in just over the time it took my lowii to open one...but I've only had them a little over a month, so we'll see where that goes.

I think if I really had to pick, I'd grab the lowii, just for those uppers, though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boy will I have the post of a lowii fans lifetime in a few days. I have both developing at the same time. I have some of the best pictures ive taken of small ephippiatas pithchers the delicate intricate hairs are amazing. my lowii spat out its lower hairs and is now changing colors from deep red to purple.. oh boy I am getting excited for it to open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd go with Lowii, though it grows slower.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast