User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this bleached or variegated? Also, new arrival pics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this bleached or variegated? Also, new arrival pics.

Just got a couple shipments in, and I forgot to ask and make a post about one plant I received in the first shipment.It is a Veitchii x Boschiana, and i was wondering if it is common for a plant to exhibit white lines looking like variegation for a couple leaves, and then stop altogether? I kinda hope the white lines return, and a little more prominently. Anyway, here are the pics, please let me know what you guys think, and if it is indeed variegated.

Here's a Predator that just arrived today. Pretty stoked on this one, as it has 2 growing points and the pitchers are quite large in relation to the leaf size:

Here's a surprise gem. I didn't quite expect this complex hybrid to be so colorful. This picture doesn't really do it justice because it is in fact much more lighter in color, almost with pastel-like hues. Maxima x (Stenophylla x Lowii) x (Rokko x Veitchii):

Here's the shipment I received today, couldn't be more stoked. There's a lot of nice plants from EP, including Lowii hybrids, Ephipiata hybrids, and Veitchii highland hybrids:

And here is the shipment I received a couple weeks ago. This one included a lot of nice hybrids from EP, as well as some nice Borneo Exotics species. The large plant in the upper left is a Spectabilis (Lowii x Ventricosa). The plant is huge, and as it is settling in my greenhouse, it's leaves have started to turn purple. It is looking really nice. I'll try go get a pic up of it tomorrow.

Sorry for the extra pics, but I just had to share with you guys . I am really looking forward to seeing a lot of these hybrids grow up. Any comments are much appreciated, and any insight as to the possible variegation would be very helpful. I do not know much about variegated plants, so the more info. the merrier. Thanks!

Daniel
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sheesh man, nice plants. Wish I had the space to add tons of plants like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    holy god LOL. very nice!!!! i love the predator! i got a cutting of one from Max a couple months ago. its still alive and is starting to activate its nodes finally
    Nice group of plants i only got 3 in my order, N3 Rajah(actually N4 sized), Truncata x xTrusmadiensis, and jamban.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think it is bleached. Maybe something with the fungicide from shipping...

Great looking plants.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, it must of cost you a fortune to get a lot of plants. I only order 7 plants and it cost me more $300.

J
    We can go for days without food, but we can't pass 5 minutes without air. REMEMBER TO BREATH!!!

Trouble breathing? Let me know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah man, that must have been a small fortune!!! For my 3 plants I spent 216$

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow those are some really nice plants. I love the predator. Could you post some pics of some more lowii hybrids the ones you have seemed to turn out really nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was probably more than $1000. But I bet it'll be worth it! I love the N. x 'Predator'!
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast