What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Must see wild neps

Hi guys

Again glad you liked it...Took me soo long to post it in 3 different forums :-D
For the leaf ratio thing yeah in my observation those growing in the open has very small leaves some almost just half the size of the pitchers...And if they are growing without shade some develope a reddish leaf..although when grown in more open space leaves are smaller...In the first site macs which grew on very open space are rarely big in size...The bigger ones are normally in slightly more shaded conditions...And the redder ones are deeper in the forest...I don't know if thats true or not but well...Thats what i saw..

Macs sure can grow to huge sizes...You think the really big ones can actually match a rajah?Nah maybe not..

As for the green plant behind...I asked that in my local forum months back...They said its a type of fern which grows very commonly together with neps in the wild...

Ken

actually kinda odd that the red ones are more shaded....USUALLY plant leaves go towards green teh more shade they see and the reds and such under bright light....kinda interesting that your observing the opposite.....

Hi rattler

Yeah thats what we said when we looked around in the shady mossy forest...Well like i said the big ones are in more light but not that direct..

Ken

Rattler, The green plant in the background of that photo might be some variety of lycopodium.

Back