Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: N.Edwardsiana

Learning How To Multiply Indigo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    because edwardsiana is the last most wanted nepenthe on my list lolll, i think that goes for most of us? right? o-o? and eddie got more mean looking teeth

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating. obregon562's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    eddies are leaner and meaner IMO, but macs are the bigger of the two plants. That is, they make bigger vines and leaves than eddies. I wonder how a nursery can have rare plants and not try to do something with them to make money! They are sitting on a gold mine and care to do nothing with it!
    "It's easy to rip on cops, when you aren't the one needing saving"

My Growlist

Learning How To Multiply Indigo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol i shall search every nursery in my area try to strike the gold! lol

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kent, did you mean Klossi would be in TC, or just Edwardsiana?

Indigo, you most likely will never find one, unless you live in Southeast Asia and there is some strange illegitimate Nepenthes green house around.

Anyway, I love Edwardsiana, I think it is the most beautiful plant in the world. Macrophylla cannot come close to comparing. I feel that eddies are better looking because:
    A.) The seriously pronounced peristome.
    B.) The size, and color.
    C.) The graceful slender shape of their pitchers, almost reminiscent of a more chiseled clipeata.

Also, from what I've read (I could be wrong) Edwardsiana can get larger than Macrophylla maybe not in liquid capacity, but in length.

Gosh I need to get my hands on one of these plants, or see them in the wild.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are currently 3 groups in the US working with edwardsiana. 2 of them have it in TC but it is not a species that propagates rapidly in TC so getting the numbers up to create a decent supply is going to take time. The 3rd group offered numerous seed grown plants a few years back and may still have some kicking around (however you better expect to drop at least $200 on it if they still have them.) [And I am not going to disclose the information on who these groups are, one is basically public record and it is not my place to out the other 2]

And on a personal note, I find it more than a little infuriating that people relatively new to the community (and for the record, I have been growing 10 years and I consider myself to be pretty new to the community) would be so critical that someone with 2 whole plants had not gone out and "flooded the world" with seed/cuttings. I was one of the first people to flower one of the clipeata clones and was not able to find anyone with another plant available to create seed with. I know of a female rajah that was bloomed and they could not find a male to cross with... Point being that 2 mature plants does not guarantee they are opposite gender nor that they are in bloom at the same time. Likewise, some plants do not strike cuttings well. I have had cutting sitting for over a year on some plants before I get any success. I am not about to carve a plant into 500 pieces if I do not know how well cuttings will strike and if cuttings do not strike well I am still not going to carve it up and have 500 cuttings doing nothing for a year or more. Might take a cutting here and there but I am going to wait for it to root before I even think of making a second cutting.
    Last edited by Pyro; 03-12-2009 at 04:28 AM.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

I meant N Klosii.......Anyways N edwardsiana should have been out by now if it wasn't for MT which took the seeds i think and were trying to TC edwardsiana.....But instead came out N edwardsiana x burbidgea...Oh well we never know when we take it from the wild.....

Ken
    Well i have a growlist her but anyways heres mine in another forum.

http://www.forum.petpitcher.com/showthread.php?t=1119

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also kinda gotta laugh at the fact that individuals that have never run a business(in some cases have never even had a real job) want to try and dictate how others run theirs so it will benefit themselves with no regard to the owner.........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating. obregon562's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pyro, i understand what you are saying, i think that goes as a given. But honestly, if you had two N. klossi's just sitting around, wouldn't you try something to make more? All im i saying is that they could make a good chunk change if they wanted to. Nothing more nothing less. And sure i would benefit as well, but the benefit would be 100% the companies, with the kind of prices they could set for those plants...
    "It's easy to rip on cops, when you aren't the one needing saving"

My Growlist

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast