What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CN

BANNED
here is a recent update on some of my New an old Neps

Picture067-5.jpg

N. Gothica
Picture066-6.jpg

N."Red Beauty"
Picture065-7.jpg

N. Red Leopard
Picture068-5.jpg

N. Ventricosa x (Truncata x Veitchii)
Picture062-2.jpg

Picture063-3.jpg

Picture064-8.jpg

N. St. Galla (this thing has been uzzing nectar for a month now)
Picture066-7.jpg

N. Medusa
Picture065-8.jpg

Picture068-6.jpg

Picture090.jpg

N.Ventricosa (recoverd from an unknown problem)
Picture073-12.jpg

Picture074-11.jpg

N. Ampulaira Speckeled
Picture076-6.jpg

Picture077-4.jpg

Picture078-5.jpg

N. Slendidiana x Mixta
Picture079-3.jpg

Picture080-3.jpg

N. Mirabilis
Picture081-3.jpg

N. Sibuyanensis (first pitchers in 9 months)
Picture083-1.jpg

Picture084-1.jpg

Picture085-2.jpg

Slendidiana x ?
Picture086.jpg

N. Splendiana x (Tiveyi x Veitchii) A.K.A
N. (kampotiana x maxima) x ((veitchii x maxima) x veitchii)
Picture088-1.jpg

Picture082-2.jpg

N. Rafflesiana
Picture089.jpg

N. Spectabilis x Ventricosa
Picture001-1.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

N. Thorelii x Truncata (leaning against N Ventricosa x Truncata x Veitchii)
Picture003-1.jpg

Cephalotus (an accidentall win from ebay)
Picture004-1.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

Picture007-1.jpg

Picture008-1.jpg

Thanks for looking
Daren

I LOVE that N. truncata x ventricosa.

Fantastic collection! Not a scratch on them.

-Nathan

Hi Daren,

You've got some really great looking plants. Your N. x medusa is especially nice. Have you had any trouble growing this hybrid? Many have trouble getting it to pitcher, but yours seems to be fully loaded.

I also really like your N. spectabilis x ventricosa. Yours looks a lot like Max's with the beautiful coloration and striped peristome. That is one clone (or very similar) I would love to get my hands on someday. The N. spectabilis x ventricosa I had looked nothing like that and was really pale (of course it was producing uppers so I don't know about the lowers.

It's nice to see someone in our area that has overcome the temperature/humidity variations and extreme fluctuations. Do you control your humidity and temperature?

edit: Oh, and I moved this to the Nepenthes forum, but if you want it in the General Discussions forum let me know.

xvart.

Last edited:
Hi Daren,

You've got some really great looking plants. Your N. x medusa is especially nice. Have you had any trouble growing this hybrid? Many have trouble getting it to pitcher, but yours seems to be fully loaded.

I also really like your N. spectabilis x ventricosa. Yours looks a lot like Max's with the beautiful coloration and striped peristome. That is one clone (or very similar) I would love to get my hands on someday. The N. spectabilis x ventricosa I had looked nothing like that and was really pale (of course it was producing uppers so I don't know about the lowers.

It's nice to see someone in our area that has overcome the temperature/humidity variations and extreme fluctuations. Do you control your humidity and temperature?

edit: Oh, and I moved this to the Nepenthes forum, but if you want it in the General Discussions forum let me know.

xvart.

Hi Xvart,
The Medusa i won off Ebay an have had a bit of ship shock with it but it seems to be adjusting great more tendril s starting to inflate.
An same goes for the SPec x Vent same place but there was two in same pot .i just got it on wensday so after the ship shock is gone an it starts pitchering again . i would be more than happy to make a trade with ya Xvart.
As for temp an humidity yes i regulate it all as much as possiable very very difficult being that i live in a camping trailer very thin walls . i keep humidity at an around 50 % an higher ( unless to cold or i freeze my self inside the door freezes)
day @ 75 Degrees to 85 degrees
nights 70 to 65 degrees

Daren

You have some nice stuff, Daren! I like the ceph a lot. Very good color.

Thank you Jeff thank you all .
i tell you it has been a very hard learning experiance this first year of growing CP's yes this week marks my first year a growing Carnivorous plants an it has been a very tough road but i would like to think i have over come alot of obstacles to grow healthy Cp's an it has been very tough

Nice pics, thanks for sharing! I aspire to live in a camper trailer one day too. Maybe park it in my greenhouse.

Awesome!

-Clue

so i just got my order an this is why it is very hard for me not to buy fromthis place
Here is a N. Spectabilis (from Sumatra) 28" inches tall with two basals

Picture002-3.jpg

Picture003-3.jpg

Picture004-3.jpg

Picture005-3.jpg

Picture006-3.jpg

Picture007-3.jpg

Picture008-3.jpg

Picture009-2.jpg

Picture010-3.jpg

Picture011-1.jpg

Picture013-2.jpg

Picture014-2.jpg

Picture001-3.jpg

Picture004-4.jpg

Picture005-4.jpg

Picture007-4.jpg

Picture008-4.jpg

Thanks for looking

Daren

Whoa, those are huge. How many boxes did that take!?

How much was it as well :D

I think I'm as green as some of your plants. Damn, wish I could grow things like you do. Just wanted to ask, what's that at the bottom of your terrarium?

Capensis] it took only one box for all 9 of these plants :)

Halt] $315.66

requiemsong] if you are asking about the inside on the bottom . it is peat ,sand an perlite to add moisture for humidity .

but if you are asking about under the fish tank well i over endulged in the adult bereages last night poting these plants lol

but if you are asking about under the fish tank well i over endulged in the adult bereages last night poting these plants lol

Milwaukees Best! YUKKO

Oh yeah, really nice plants too...

Tax Return?

Last edited:
You have a lot nicer collection after one year of growing than I had! Your stuff looks really nice - I'm impressed!

Oh, xvart, I'll have cuttings of that spec x vent clone in the NASC auction. The uppers are the same color, basically, on this clone.

thank you so much Capslock
it always makes me feel good when i get kudoos from senior growers thank you so much :)

The N. Ventricosa x (Truncata x Veitchii) is a very pleasant cross. I'd love to have that in my collection some day.

Just amazing color on that spectabilis upper peristome. I've never really seen anything like it.

Back