What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crissytal

What is and what should never be
An update on a few of my plants.

N. x Miranda before coloring up
IMG_1218.jpg

N. muluensis x lowii pretty crazy coloring. That is very close to true life color.
IMG_1220.jpg

N. hamata
IMG_1221.jpg

N. talang x veitchii
IMG_1222.jpg

Newest N. burg pitcher
IMG_1225.jpg

N. ramispina not liking it too much right now. It's funky looking because of the three plants/growth points
IMG_1228.jpg

For fun:
Ceph
IMG_1148.jpg

D. regia still not sure about this species
IMG_1230.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Crystal

Still looking great, Crystal! That hamata is insane, epecially in the conditions it's in.

Some fine pics, Crystal. Never get tired of the great variety of N. hamata lids...

Wow! Nice plants crystal! you are doing very well. :) Good job!! :D

Good to see your plants again! Looking good. Thanks for sharing.

D. regia still not sure about this species

I LOVE D. regia. One of my favorite CPs.

xvart.

Thanks for the comments guys. I certainly try :). I've been fertilizing with fish food for several months now. It has made a difference. The Ceph has recently burst into growth. I've given up on orchid fertilizer, the liquid stuff is just simply too much trouble for me.

Thanks X. I love D. regia too but it doesn't love me. I won't say how long I've had my original plant for and how it decided to shrink and multiply into plantlets that won't grow. After quite awhile, that is my largest plant, about a whopping 1/2" tall and was a recent division. The mother plant....well it's not quite so motherly right now. It's a whopping 1/4" tall. Ha. I have no idea what clone it is; obviously it isn't the 'Big Easy'. I can do well with a D. graminifolia but not D. regia, go figure. ~knocks on wood~

Beautiful plants . . .

I am still a believer in the ole 30:10:10 orchid mix but occasionally go the Cichlid Staple fish food route as well. Out of curiosity, how much fish food and how often?

Great looking photo's Crystal!

Love that red color on that lowii hyrbid!

-Chris

They look great!

Thanks guys! :). I was using the orchid mix but I don't have an RO system. I don't always have water to spare for just fertilizer. The fish food takes a little longer but is easier over all for me. For the larger plants, I place one pellet of the Cichlid food in each pitcher. For smaller plants like my little Neps and Ceph, I place one betta pellet in each pitcher (or do the best I can with getting them in each pitcher). I repeat this once a month. I'm sure it would probably be okay to use more than one pellet of cichild food per pitcher on the larger plants. I haven't experimented yet.

Any luck with the Byblis seed BigBella?

Crystal

It's a whopping 1/4" tall. Ha. I have no idea what clone it is; obviously it isn't the 'Big Easy'.

My "Big Easy" clone came from JLAP, who probably had it correctly ID'd. But it never grew over 2 inches tall and it died this winter.

Hmm. Maybe 'Big Easy' isn't so easy after all. Sorry to hear you lost yours Jeff. Did you check to make sure there were no roots left? I've had decent luck with root cuttings. They just get to a certain point and stop growing.

Crystal

Don't mind me, I'm just drooling over your plants ;)

-Clue

Back