What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seedgrown N. macrophylla update thread

here it is
opened and now beginning to color up
macroandhamata001.jpg

congratulations man! That surely looks like a pure macro. :)

Thanks Bella and Varun
What is your verdict Bella?
macrophylla? or xTM i know its still too small to tell...but if you had a hunch

Thanks Bella and Varun

Looks like macrophylla, quacks like macrophylla -- must be a duck . . .

Thanks Bella and Varun

I say don't put any effort into into trying to figure it out. at least right now. seedlings are so tremendously variable especially at that size. maybe in several years it could be reevaluated... :) plus to me it looks like ever mac I've ever had...(only 3 however)

thanks bella
im PRAYING that this plant is the real deal. not very often you see the true thing anymore....ive only seen one in person, and only a couple of photos online...Bellas are the real deal, for sure. saw the parents and everything...must be a real honor :) im hoping to get my hands on a couple more in the future, of course i only want the real thing when it comes to macro, but i would love the hybrids too...just true is always better ;)

I have a seed-grown N. macrophylla from BE that didn't exhibit the dreaded peristome irregularities until the pitchers were about 8 cm. tall.

(Big Bella, since you were an eyewitness to the parents of your seed, sounds like you have the best shot a raising the "Pure" species -- whatever the heck that means!!)

Hope to be growing one like this: http://www.hbs.ne.jp/home/s-yamada/P1090633.jpg

OMG SK beautiful pitcher!

id bet the "Real" species isnt even in cultivation. I think macrophylla itself is probably a hybrid, maybe part of an ancient swarm with villosa and something? ? ?

Anyways, nice looking mac SK. Ill hope for you at least! ;)

Although its 'purity' is in question, I've got a Wistuba clone on the way to me. But wow, KPG that is one of the most fantastic pitcher picture I've seen! What a fine specimen!

its been awhile since ive updated this...i repotted the plant earlier in the year into a more airy mix, took awhile to adjust but its finally putting out another pitcher...
So here we go,
12-4-09
Neps003.jpg

Back