Thread: Seedgrown N. macrophylla update thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seedgrown N. macrophylla update thread

Upon arrival - 10/11/08

Today - 3-24-09

its been a crazy 5 months...was reaaaalllly worried about it when it arrived. was all shook up on the box like a martini, and the root system was pretty destroyed...not to mention the condition of the plant. its made a very nice recovery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woah, big improvement. It looks like something got hungry and started eating your nep in the 1st pic, then a magical doctor, eh hem, sk, nursed it back to health

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKristoff View Post
    Ah crap. can a mod delete the d on updated - was supposed to be update.....and this post requesting them to do so when they do
    Very nice. I too have received shipments in the past which looked more like wads of guacamole than Nepenthes and others -- only to have them come back in a big way.

Nasty evil little plants. Gotta love them . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Bella, means alot coming from the ultrahighland master and seed master like yourself im very proud of the results ive had from this amazing plant.
    this will be its first pitcher, and another one is following. guess this will be the unveiling of whether or not its atleast a complex macro hybrid lol....so HOPEFULLY its the real deal.

Halt, thanks alot too for your comment

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKristoff View Post
    Thanks Bella, means alot coming from the ultrahighland master and seed master like yourself im very proud of the results ive had from this amazing plant.
    this will be its first pitcher, and another one is following. guess this will be the unveiling of whether or not its atleast a complex macro hybrid lol....so HOPEFULLY its the real deal.

Halt, thanks alot too for your comment
    Thanks for the kind comment, but I grow highlanders because I -- much like you -- live in an area that really encourages it; and after a costly failure of a ****ing heating element in a large terrarium, after a Turrets bout of expletives right out of The Exorcist, and the swift application of the Roman Ritual, I no longer grow lowland Nepenthes.

Plus, no-holds barred, highlanders are much, much cooler. C'mon, that macrophylla . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBella View Post
    Thanks for the kind comment, but I grow highlanders because I -- much like you -- live in an area that really encourages it; and after a costly failure of a ****ing heating element in a large terrarium, after a Turrets bout of expletives right out of The Exorcist, and the swift application of the Roman Ritual, I no longer grow lowland Nepenthes.

Plus, no-holds barred, highlanders are much, much cooler. C'mon, that macrophylla . . .
    Lol bella, thats great. Lowlanders only do well for me indoors during the summer sadly :\ im sure if i moved them to a room where i dont let it get down into the 50s or 40s, they would be fine though....maybe this will be the year for me to give it a shot

Learning How To Multiply Indigo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow that is unreal !!! i m sure that N.macrophylla will reward u with ur hard work. that is huge improvment for that macro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks indigo. Though I can't really say I put any work into it...just kinda let it be, watered it and when it started to grow better I began fertilizing, which it seems to have taken really well to. I'm glad I was able to save this plant from an almost certain death.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast