What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can Mirabilis take direct sunlight?

Hi everyone

I recently got a mirabilis from a nice member .....And there were cuttings and a basal separation...The basal already has quite a normal/large sized root system for its sized and its already growing and pitchering....It suppose to be a mirabilis red but now making green pitchers and the red pitchers has died of due to change of enviroment..So since mirabilis likes very high humidity i'm afriad of putting it out in direct sunlight since there humidity is very low but if i don't it'll be a green mirabilis lol Any suggestions?

Ken

Try shade cloth in full sun. I'm not too sure what percentage to use, but I'm sure someone on here probably does.

Or you can just try growing it in a south facing window if that isn't what you're already doing. That should color it up nicely.

Good luck with the new plant!

Hi

Well i don't have shade cloths but i grow all my CPs at my balcony south facing and now its not receving any direct sunlight....I have found a spot somewhere at my house which receives a full blast of direct sunlight from morning till around 12...Eventhough its not as strong as the afternoon direct sunlight its still very hot..

Ken

I would try morning sun only.

Back