What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My N.Truncata x N.Ephippiata

bluebird

Rub my belly!
I haven't really bought any Neps or CP in a long time due to saving for a shiba inu puppy which should be born in this month sometime which I can't wait.

I really love the N.Truncata it gets so big and I like the looks of the pitcher, but I saw this hybrid so I thought I'd just go and grab this hybrid too. It came today and I got it all nice and potted in LFS/Orchid bark, Lava rock, and hardwood charcoal with a layer of just LFS and a few bits of live LFS.

This hybrid looks pretty good so far the pictures I've seen online are very nice I can't wait to see how the uppers look on this.

It has two whole pitchers and one developing one too so I can't wait to see more pitchers. I'll be sure to update this thread as the plant grows.

This'll probably be my last Nep for a bit I guess we'll see. hehe

how that makes me want to buy a truncata or truncata hybrid.

Impressive, this will turn out to be just as nice as lowii x truncata.

I'm also hoping this one turns out as stunning as lowii x truncata. EP's photo of this hybrid shows the great potential it has. I'm also interestedin what kind of variability shows up.

Thanks alot for the comments once I saw the EP photo I knew I had to get it the pictures of their plant looks really nice. I can't wait to see mine make more pitchers and as people get this hybrid it'd be nice to see the other seedlings to see how some of them turn out as they grow also I forgot to mention the N.truncata in this hybrid is the lowland kind, but both truncata are pretty easy beginner plants so I can't wait to see this baby grow.

I also like the N.lowii x truncata and since the Ephippiata is sorta like the lowii I'm sure this hybrid will turn out great too.

In a week from now I'll post how it's doing. =)

Back