What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calling all N. khasiana

I havent seen much talk about it or many pictures around here, so if you have a N. khasiana I would love to see what you have and see what I can expect out of mine in terms of size and growth. It seems to love the lighting seeing as it's oozing with nectar and the underside of the lid is colored with a wonderful red stripe. It's very promising!

Thanks!

IMG_1873.JPG_595.jpg

IMG_1874.JPG_595.jpg

IMG_1875.JPG_595.jpg

EDIT: Just found this coming up. Didnt think it was possible for such young plants to basal so early, anyone have experience with basals? When is it safe to separate them from the mother?
IMG_1877.JPG_595.jpg

IMG_1876.JPG_595.jpg

I love this plant. It's ridiculous how expensive some places are selling this for. From what I've read it grows easily and it's been around forever.

I havent heard anything it being around for a long time but it is a very easy grower, at least for me. I get about 2-4 pitchers a month from it. I love this plant, is there anyone else out here that has one of these???

I know D_muscipula HAD one. It died I think.

You should wait until the basal is as large as a length cutting would be. About 3 nodes.

Thanks Jeff! Maybe we should do this in the chatbox :p lol jk
Thanks for the info, do you get better chances of rooting the more you let the basal develop?
Appreciate the input!

khasiana used to be as readily available as say N. ventricosa or ventrata. Heck, it was WAY more common than either of those two. Joel aka N.A.T.H., had a HUGE, bush-of-a-khasiana. Check out his site nepenthesaroundthehouse.com

Ive been wanting to get one, but not $40 bad. Id much prefer a jacquelineae. :D

Thanks for the info, do you get better chances of rooting the more you let the basal develop? Appreciate the input!

Definately. But remember, the basals drain the energy of the main vine and vice versa.

And you're welcome. :)

Hi
Is this plant a N. khasiana?
I receive seeds of N. khasiana a long time ago and this is the one.
OAAAANf-o2hyB1-sUl0lmGw7Y02ykOyL39kjGvJl9OktapP5jif-d1BffQUdBIXk2pd4Y_SpcmyqjV_lA2DAewlkeEMAm1T1UF5veDcyCaQPVef0284bvnPRvH93.jpg

Thanks
Marcos Ono

Looking at the lid alone it definitely looks like a khasiana. You've got some nice colors on those pitchers! How old is this one?

cant base a species or hybrid off of pitcher shape....
Its more than likely a khasiana, just give it some more time to grow out a bit

cant base a species or hybrid off of pitcher shape....
Its more than likely a khasiana, just give it some more time to grow out a bit

That's why I said looking at the lid alone. There's too many factors up in the air until the plant gets older. An educated guess though? N. khasiana

Kris is right about giving it time, but I'll shoot the breeze and say it's ventricosa or khasiana x ventricosa. Mostly because none of the pitchers seem to have that characteristic facing inward trend like young khasianas normally do.

Ah what a great thread! I love N. khasiana. I'll put new pics up of mine in the week.

French, khasiana LOVES light in my experience and will grow really fast even in pretty poor conditions. Mine had four basals when still quite small, but I foolishly tried separating them when they were still only about an inch or two and they all died. I'd recommend waiting till they were about 6" I suppose, though maybe someone else has experience successfully separating them smaller?

Your plant looks happy, well done!

Thanks for the kind words gnome,

I have to agree with you when you say it loves light. Under the same condition the paper thin leaves stay green while my other Neps will get a red tint on the leaves when put at the same distance, a clear indication of too much light.
Thank you for your advise on the basals as this my first basal...ever.
I will play the waiting game and hope that when the time comes I can separate without problems.

Looking forward to your pictures! Seems there's really not that many around for some reason : /

Update: last couple leaves have been larger with this last one being massive in comparison to the plant itself. Looks like a repotting may be in order in the next few months.
IMG_2461.JPG

yep mine has done this as well Yann the last couple of leaves are three times the size of the plant

Lol, it's so unproportional.

Personally, I LOVE N. khasiana. Such a nice plant, and I'm glad I made a small (relatively) investment of $30.00 for one.

It, for the most part, stays green and has paper-thin leaves, even in my harder conditions. Interesting.

Pictures are in order.

awesome plants. I've been wanting to get a khasiana for A while.

Back