What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calling all N. khasiana

I have meant to add to this for some time now, as my little khasiana has been rocketing along. Here is a 'beggining of spring' pic as it's leaves are responding to the added warmth and humidity in the sunroom. You can also see a spider has taken up residency in the plant! (nothing poisonous thank god)

01_by_happy_gnome.jpg

05_by_happy_gnome.jpg

All the best

John

I know D_muscipula HAD one. It died I think.

Yes it did. Happened to have some sort of pest upon arrival and it simply didn't have the strength to fight and acclimate to new conditions. I did my best to save it. One of the few nepenthes I've lost.

I just ordered a Nepenthes Khasiana. Should arrive in the next week or so.

It's great to see everyone's for comparison. Keep em coming :)
Here's an update on mine:
Each leaf is much larger then the last and the pitchers are getting larger and larger with each new one that opens. There is some red development on the upper half of the pitchers and the lid underside now becomes much more red then before.

IMG_2489.JPG_595.jpg

IMG_2490.JPG

IMG_2491.JPG

Gee Yann, another 5 months and mine will look like that! :-O

Apparently, mine has some coloration under the lid and some streaks of pink on the sides of the pitcher. :)

i won one of these in the auction , its an unrooted cutting though its doing well no sign of growth yet, but not dying either , wowee hope mine looks like this in a year or two, i won something from you didn't I Yann, is mine from this plant??
HOPE HOPE !

Hey Jimmy, I was wondering how that basal was doing ;) Yours IS indeed from this plant, a few other people have gotten basals from this as well. Keep me posted on yours when it starts growing again!

want to see a pic now?

I lied it is growing , glad you posted I've not looked at it this close for a while,
grow baby grow.
IMG_2620.jpg
IMG_2619.jpg
this is kashiana x truncata. It's becoming amazing so i wanted to share
ive got to move it to a basket ,off the shelf but in the same place as much as possible.
this plant is what inspired me to bid on your kash. when I saw it in the auction
IMG_2623.jpg

That looks like a good size pitcher on the khasiana x trunc, how many inches is it? Does it combine the growth rate of khasiana and the pitcher size of truncata?
Glad to see the basal is done stalling, you'll have to add to this thread when it gets bigger ;)

it stalled for a while when i got it , Then a few months back it started growing like mad, it takes a while to inflate a pitcher, but they seem very long lasting, and are huge 8 plus inches.:-O
this is a week after the lid popped around the first to mid july, and its puffed up a little since.:-D
IMG_2458.jpg

Nice! Definitely looks like it has more of a khasiana influence but the striped peristome is a nice touch. Can't to see what uppers will look like...

Here's another beauty that opened up last week, pictures do it absolutely no justice:

IMG_0311.JPG_595.jpg

So can I ask...what mix have you all got your khasiana in? Mine's in a more dry mix right now and I'm thinking of switching for perlite : lfs because the top is drying to crunchy out in the sun (in a coconut husk mix right now).

Pics of my tiny khasiana that just opened a pitcher forthcoming..here's a picture of just a pitcher when it first opened. It has gotten more red since.
P9020003.jpg

So can I ask...what mix have you all got your khasiana in?

Mine came in coconut husk/LFS as well but have since transplanted to a LFS/orchid bark/perlite mix. My top dries out like yours but I just make sure the bottom of the pot isn't dry.

Oh coool, thanks!! that's what I've been slowly transitioning to too! I ran out of just straight bark, and started mixing in lfs : perlite: phrag mix (coco husk, hydroton balls?, perlite, lfs, random stuff I can't identify but hasn't killed anything yet, quartz rocks?).

It's a fairly bullet proof plant once established. I do have a few random chunks of lava rocks in the mix as well, haven't tried hydroton balls yet though.

Back