What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone growing N diatas?

There doesn't seem to have been a diatas thread for a while so I thought I'd start one. I bought 2 of them over a year and a half ago. One died quickly while the other has been hanging on, but not really doing anything.

This winter, I finally got a highland environment that seems to work since the N spectabilis and diatas are both pitchering happily. The N diatas went from nothing for a year and a half to three pitchers getting ready to open at the moment and two basals forming along the woody stem. The ventricosa and Red Leopard are going nuts in the same tank (in fact, watch for the Red Leopard in a future trade offering since it is getting too big for the tank).

Who else is growing diatas? I'd love to see some pics of what mine could look like with proper care. Also, what are some neighbors of the diatas in the wild? I could just look it up, I suppose, but I'd rather open the lines of communication on here.

I'm not growing it, but it has always been a plant that I have really liked. Do you have pictures? What are your highland conditions?

I'm 95% sure that N. densiflora and N. singalana are closely related to diatas.

My densiflora wasn't doing so well by the time I got the tank up and running then...I accidentally snapped the little bit that was growing clean off.

I tried to get it to root, but it didn't work.

Back