What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Genders of those common neps

Hi everyone...I've always been wondering what gender my plants will be...I won't know all of them but i can at least find out some of the common ones like those sold in almost every nursery since they're from the same clone..So if you have any clones that you have flowered or know about please state down here I would love to know...As for now these are the few i know....

N Ventrata=Female (i've never flowered but everybodies 1 are female)

N Miranda=Male..(I've flowered)

N mixta x fusca=Male

Ventricosa from YG = Male

N veitchii x fusca MT=???

N veitchii x hurreliana MT=Male

N veitchii hose mountain MT=Female

N hookeriana common 1=????

N x Lady Pauline=Male (I was told that it is)

N. x wrigleyana =Female

So is there anyone who can sort of fill in the blanks? And also add some common clones into it.....

Ken

most of the ones with the ??? are not at all common here lol! I wish veichii and veitchii x hurreliana were common! :D

Here's what i know:
N. ventricosa "red"=Male
N. x Ventrata (the commone Lowes type)=Male
N. hamata from Wistuba-not exactly common-= male
At least a few N. x 'Judith Finn's =Male (not sure about the prettier clones with dark peristomes)
N. sanguinea orange = male
I dont of any "common" neps that are female...

Hi......As far as i know i've seen N ventrata in a lot of garden centres in my country and all are the common red ones which is a female...Also i had a friend which has a flowering female ventrata...And those i mentioned are definitly more common compared to those you mentioned hahaha...Hamata etc etc..

My ventricosa is male.

Back