What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i was going to keep one or two of them for my room. but sadly my tentaculata may not be one of them or any of my neps for that matter. foster homes was what i was leaning toward also.

Alex

Amazing plants, Alex! The dAmato hybrid is stunning. You should definately keep at least a 50 gallon tank of stuff...

That's what I'm doing, and I'm headed to Texas A & M. Which college are you looking at?

Yeah, I wouldn't risk tentaculata in a dorm. It seems very sensitive to low humidity (I got mine from the same place and it died once I put it on the sill.)

im going to be a Murray State University racer =] majoring in biology. what about in biology. i dont really know yet.

nepfreak: yea. i usually put all my tropicals outside when it rains so they can get nice cool water. tentaculata has such thin pitchers that they all wilt in a few hours. but they perk back up when back in humidity. im thinking a small terrarium. i really dont know yet. =/

Alex

Looking good Alex. Personal suggestion....if you are living in a single room, you can easily grow CPs. Now living with others, that might be a problem. ALthough, if I were you, I would keep plants like the aristo, tentac, izumiae etc...i.e., the small and nice ones in a 5 gal tank or so on your desk. You could probably jazz it up nicely and it would look neat and also you don't have to give up everything.

yea. afaik im going to have a roomie. a small little 5 gal might be nice. ill find out about everything july 11th. orientation =]

Back