What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Talk about hybrid vigour

I germinated these seed last august i believe, they are splendiana x [(veitchii x maxima) x veitchii]
well over winter they were slow from the cold ultrahighland conditions...but now that i am holding lowland conditions for a few of my plants that i kept indoors, they have seriously taken off...and i mean seriously.
April 27th of 2009, less than 2 months ago
Neps4-27-09006-1.jpg

today, June 12th
nepseedlings-1.jpg

Well, they've definitely increased in size.

i have my splendiana x rokko x stenophyllas growing in intermediate conditions and they're somewhere inbetween your plants there...we should be getting some strange looking plants in the next couple years!

Very nice. I gotta get some nep seeds. Hope they turn out great for you in the not too distant future. :D

I've got the same splendiana x rokko x stenophylla combo, and my largest plants are a bit larger then SirK's. I just repotted them, and there really is a huge range in size though.

Yeah my second pot from this exact batch of seeds are quite a bit smaller still. but are getting larger.
my largest of the group is in the center of that first pot, nearly 2" in diameter now.

Back