What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hamata Clone 1

Update.

First pitcher.

Plant.

Seems to be pretty vigorous so far. I am giving it typical highland conditions. I thought the unopened pitcher was lost as it was damaged and blackend during shipping but it looks like it will turn out OK.

Update: 3rd pitcher. Wow! This plant is pretty vigorous in my opinion.

hamataupdate3.jpg

Plant
hamataupdate2.jpg

It's so cute! Great job growing it.

i just received this clone, along with 2 and 4 from a friend of mine, ill have to post some photos of it here when it pitchers for me, its about 6" in diameter at the moment. nice plant youve got there :)

Thanks! Yes, I would be very happy to see pics of yours. Wow 6 inches. I can't wait until mine gets a little girth. I just fed it for the first time the other day. I hope it helps.

hey dash I have a sibuyanensis x hamata as well. Any pitchers form on that one yet??? I'm waiting patiently for mine to start...

Yes, this one is pretty vigorous as well. This one I treat just like hamata and it pitchers profusly. I need to repot it soon.

Latest pitcher
sibxhamata3.jpg

Plant

sibxhamata2.jpg

I feed it with freeze dried flies or a dilute solution of fish fertilizer. Whatever is on the menu. :)

nice. as of right now I'm growing mine under lowland-intermediate conditions. I know these are less than ideal conditions but this is all have for now....hoping for the best...what about yourself? Are you growing it under strict highland conditions?

Not when I first received it. When I first received it I grew it in intermediate conditions and it still pitchered.

I am treating it as more of a highland now and it seems to be responding a little better. I would imagine it can grow well in both though but I haven't had it long enough to discuss authoritatively (6 months).

You might ask one of the expert nepenthes growers lurking around. Perhaps start a new thread asking for advice. Honestly, there are many people I would value the opinion of above my own. :)

**Update **

I was starting to get worried. I lost the first two pitchers due to feeding which I was OK with. But the next three leaves after my last post got smaller and smaller. The pitchers stayed about the same size though. I think it is starting to acclaimate now however...

hamataupdate4.jpg

Hi
Sorry if i drop in
here is my clone 1
i got it 2 years ago with 5cm
now the plant is 1,20m and build the first uppers
the pitcher i show you is 25cm
IMG_4974.jpg

IMG_4976.jpg

the hamata is the left plant
IMG_4978.jpg

Please do! Earlier on in the post, I had asked for others to post thier clone 1 pics. We have already seen one very nice one from JMatt. This one is just as nice.

It is very encouraging to see what a couple of years of growth can do with a little dedication and patience. Thanks for posting!

Latest pitcher...

hamata.jpg

Oh and just for fun. Here are a few of it's neighbors...

N. sibuyanensis x xTrusmadiensis
sibxtm.jpg

N. glabrata
glabrata.jpg

N. ventricosa
ventred.jpg

Looking good! Mine just went through a nasty spider mite attack, and they really did a number to it. :censor:

Sorry to hear that. I thought I might have had red spider mites once, but it turned out to be artifical sun poisoning. LOL.

Very nice nepaholic!

Back