What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragon Collection

I was lucky enough to win the Dragon Collection offered by xvart during the spring NASC auction. The Dragon Collection included an N. x Red Dragon, N. x Black Dragon, and N. x Sabre. They arrived in early May and have settled right in. The Red Dragon just put out its first pitcher for me and the Sabre’s first pitcher should open any day now. The Black Dragon is a little slower to pitcher, but is growing nicely and should pitcher soon. I hope you enjoy the attached pictures.

N. x Red Dragon
NRedDragon26Jul09.jpg

NRedDragonOpening26Jul09.jpg

NRedDragonOpeningII26Jul09.jpg

N. x Sabre
NxsabreIV26Jul09.jpg

NxsabreIII26Jul09.jpg

N. x Black Dragon
NBlackDragon26Jul09-1.jpg

The Red Dragon is a beaut.

Man, what could have been. I was you competitor for those I believe. They look great.

Well done! I almost wish the N. Red Dragon would stay that way instead of darkening up. If the N. Red Dragon is looking that good in your conditions just wait for the N. Black Dragon. It will be a beaut.

Keep up the good work and keep sharing updates. I miss those plants but I'm glad they found a great home!

xvart.

Well done! I almost wish the N. Red Dragon would stay that way instead of darkening up. If the N. Red Dragon is looking that good in your conditions just wait for the N. Black Dragon. It will be a beaut.

Keep up the good work and keep sharing updates. I miss those plants but I'm glad they found a great home!

xvart.

xvart,

Thanks for your kind words. I was wondering if the N. Red Dragon would keep its stripes or darken up, now I guess I know. I hope it doesn't darken up too much. I can't wait for the N. Black Dragon to pitcher, but it is taking its sweet time, although I am sure it will be worth the wait. I will be sure to keep everyone updated.

xvart,

Thanks for your kind words. I was wondering if the N. Red Dragon would keep its stripes or darken up, now I guess I know. I hope it doesn't darken up too much. I can't wait for the N. Black Dragon to pitcher, but it is taking its sweet time, although I am sure it will be worth the wait. I will be sure to keep everyone updated.

It will still have the stripes, they will just be dark red and red for the most part (much more muted).

xvart.

It will still have the stripes, they will just be dark red and red for the most part (much more muted).

xvart.

Thanks for letting me know what to expect. I will post more pictures as the pitchers develop.

Keith

Man, what could have been. I was you competitor for those I believe. They look great.

Thanks for the kind words! At the time I was kind of hoping you would out-bid me at the last minute; boy was my wife MAD. However, they were well worth a couple of nights on the sofa:-(

Keith

xvart,

I can't wait for the N. Black Dragon to pitcher, but it is taking its sweet time, although I am sure it will be worth the wait.

You said it! I'm still waiting on mine to recover, and your Red dragon looks amazing! I lost mine :-:)crap::angry:

You said it! I'm still waiting on mine to recover, and your Red dragon looks amazing! I lost mine :-:)crap::angry:

Yann,

I will be sure to post pictures of the Black Dragon when it pitchers.

Sorry to hear that you lost your Red Dragon.

Keith

Thanks for the kind words! At the time I was kind of hoping you would out-bid me at the last minute; boy was my wife MAD. However, they were well worth a couple of nights on the sofa:-(

That makes me so happy to hear! I couldn't stop laughing at the sofa comment.

xvart.

Great looking Dragons Keith! I absolutely love all these crosses, and although it's not a "Dragon", I really like 'Sabre'. Can't wait to see some updates! Thanks for sharing!

Xvart, it's sucks that you had to get rid of them, but it does indeed look like they ended up in good hands :).

That makes me so happy to hear! I couldn't stop laughing at the sofa comment.

xvart.

My wife has pretty much given up by now.... She is convinced that I am a bit off my rocker over my plants. My daughter just rolls her eyes and tries to keep moving if I start talking about plants or try to show her something. The tips and advice on the forums is great, but it is being able to get excited about the plants without someone calling the folks in the white coats with the butterfly nets that is the best part in my opinion....

Regards,

Keith

but it is being able to get excited about the plants without someone calling the folks in the white coats with the butterfly nets that is the best part in my opinion....

Let me know if you find a place like this lol I always feel like I'm talking to a wall when the only answers I ever get are: Oh...Ya...Uh Huh...

Here are a couple of updated photos of the N. x sabre pitcher posted above. This is a real stiff, almost plastic-like, pitcher.

NxsabreII6Sep09.jpg

NxsabreIII6Sep09.jpg

Looking good, Keith. Keep up the excellent growing. How did the N. Red Dragon darken up?

xvart.

I happen to have one of these great hybrids. I thought I would show a post of mine since people have been asking about it once it gets dark.

P9170098.jpg

P9170094.jpg

P9170097.jpg

P5200989.jpg

P5040406-1.jpg

P5110628.jpg

Looking good, Keith. Keep up the excellent growing. How did the N. Red Dragon darken up?

xvart.

xvart,

It darkened up very nicely and even has a second pitcher now... I will try to posts some updated pictures this weekend.

Very nice pictures Keith, that N. x Sabre is simply stunning! Keep those pics coming ;)

Wow that's a great 'sabre'! Looks like it might get the lowii wide-mouth later.

Back