User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 22

Thread: Dragon Collection

  1. #1
    ellisonk001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mililani Hawaii
    Posts
    1,103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Dragon Collection

    I was lucky enough to win the Dragon Collection offered by xvart during the spring NASC auction. The Dragon Collection included an N. x Red Dragon, N. x Black Dragon, and N. x Sabre. They arrived in early May and have settled right in. The Red Dragon just put out its first pitcher for me and the Sabre’s first pitcher should open any day now. The Black Dragon is a little slower to pitcher, but is growing nicely and should pitcher soon. I hope you enjoy the attached pictures.

    N. x Red Dragon




    N. x Sabre



    N. x Black Dragon

  2. #2
    Lover of Mountains nightsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    near Salt Lake City
    Posts
    1,409
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Red Dragon is a beaut.

  3. #3
    Grey Moss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,273
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, what could have been. I was you competitor for those I believe. They look great.

  4. #4
    Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Zone 8
    Posts
    5,594
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done! I almost wish the N. Red Dragon would stay that way instead of darkening up. If the N. Red Dragon is looking that good in your conditions just wait for the N. Black Dragon. It will be a beaut.

    Keep up the good work and keep sharing updates. I miss those plants but I'm glad they found a great home!

    xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

  5. #5
    ellisonk001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mililani Hawaii
    Posts
    1,103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xvart View Post
    Well done! I almost wish the N. Red Dragon would stay that way instead of darkening up. If the N. Red Dragon is looking that good in your conditions just wait for the N. Black Dragon. It will be a beaut.

    Keep up the good work and keep sharing updates. I miss those plants but I'm glad they found a great home!

    xvart.
    xvart,

    Thanks for your kind words. I was wondering if the N. Red Dragon would keep its stripes or darken up, now I guess I know. I hope it doesn't darken up too much. I can't wait for the N. Black Dragon to pitcher, but it is taking its sweet time, although I am sure it will be worth the wait. I will be sure to keep everyone updated.

  6. #6
    Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Zone 8
    Posts
    5,594
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ellisonk001 View Post
    xvart,

    Thanks for your kind words. I was wondering if the N. Red Dragon would keep its stripes or darken up, now I guess I know. I hope it doesn't darken up too much. I can't wait for the N. Black Dragon to pitcher, but it is taking its sweet time, although I am sure it will be worth the wait. I will be sure to keep everyone updated.
    It will still have the stripes, they will just be dark red and red for the most part (much more muted).

    xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

  7. #7
    ellisonk001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mililani Hawaii
    Posts
    1,103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xvart View Post
    It will still have the stripes, they will just be dark red and red for the most part (much more muted).

    xvart.
    Thanks for letting me know what to expect. I will post more pictures as the pitchers develop.

    Keith

  8. #8
    ellisonk001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mililani Hawaii
    Posts
    1,103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Truncata View Post
    Man, what could have been. I was you competitor for those I believe. They look great.
    Thanks for the kind words! At the time I was kind of hoping you would out-bid me at the last minute; boy was my wife MAD. However, they were well worth a couple of nights on the sofa

    Keith

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Nepenthes Dragon Collection ellisonk001 $150
    By xvart in forum 2009 NASC Benefit Auction
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-02-2009, 04:52 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 06:15 PM
  3. Green Dragon vs. Red Dragon
    By jimscott in forum Venus Flytrap (Dionaea ) Care Information & Tips
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-11-2004, 11:36 AM
  4. Red dragon
    By mcrwt644 in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-31-2003, 07:23 AM
  5. Red dragon
    By Ptanka in forum Venus Flytrap (Dionaea ) Care Information & Tips
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-27-2003, 08:50 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •