User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 38 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Nepenthes robcantleyi (formerly known as Black Truncata)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys

I'm what you would call a long time 'lurker' and am totally in awe of everyone's plants, knowledge and experience. I'm not sure if this should be a new post but as it sort of comes under this heading I thought I would add it here. Not sure how to post a new thread anyhu so feel free to move! I have a problem concerning my robcantleyi plants which I grow in a terrarium under a 10000k and 6700k 39w grow tubes and have done so for two years. All was fine till this late summer. Problem is both my plants have weird pale mottling only affecting the new foliage. It isn't affecting pitcher production. The only thing I think I MAY have done is feed with weak strength orchid fertilizer. I don't think it's a virus as it's not systemic. furthermore the spots seem to have a 'regular' pattern. Any ideas? really appreciate it!!! Also how can I post a pic of the damage if I am not permitted to post attachments, i.e. how do I get permission?! ;-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Antony View Post
    Hi Guys

I'm what you would call a long time 'lurker' and am totally in awe of everyone's plants, knowledge and experience. I'm not sure if this should be a new post but as it sort of comes under this heading I thought I would add it here. Not sure how to post a new thread anyhu so feel free to move! I have a problem concerning my robcantleyi plants which I grow in a terrarium under a 10000k and 6700k 39w grow tubes and have done so for two years. All was fine till this late summer. Problem is both my plants have weird pale mottling only affecting the new foliage. It isn't affecting pitcher production. The only thing I think I MAY have done is feed with weak strength orchid fertilizer. I don't think it's a virus as it's not systemic. furthermore the spots seem to have a 'regular' pattern. Any ideas? really appreciate it!!! Also how can I post a pic of the damage if I am not permitted to post attachments, i.e. how do I get permission?! ;-)
    Hi Anthony-no-longer-lurking,
    You should post your photo to one of the online photo services like Flickr, or Photobucket and then paste the link into your message using the image attachment button. We will be happy to help diagnose the problem with your plant. Do you need further instruction for setting up a photo service?

Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Paul I will give it a go!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try this

they grow in close proximity to two hamatas which are unaffected, does that rule out mites? Sorry for poor quality the pics where taken through the glass.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/8878222...in/photostream
    Last edited by Antony; 10-17-2012 at 07:22 AM. Reason: pic didn't come out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are Anthony's photos (hope you dont mind)

If you click share, grab html/bbcode, then click the bbcode button. Copy paste that into your post and they show up.

nepenthes mottling 003 by Antony_1974, on Flickr

nepenthes mottling 002 by Antony_1974, on Flickr

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Antony View Post
    Try this

they grow in close proximity to two hamatas which are unaffected, does that rule out mites? Sorry for poor quality the pics where taken through the glass.
    I have not seen these kinds of markings before, so I'm at a loss to suggest a causal agent. Perhaps someone else will recognize the effect. Good luck!

Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so I'm just spitballing here, but I have these on my truncata, and it is my personal belief that they are the result of large leaf jumps after fertilization. Making less "hardened" leaves more quickly...

But, I could be wrong...
    <Av8tor1> as big as peat is, the bear runs not him

Big Boss, Founder, and Major Cheese of the Canadian Association for the Cultivation of Carnivorous Plants... Ask if you want to join, I'm the only member...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my highland truncata's new leaves looked similar to that during the hot summer months when it was not getting the cool night and somewhat mild day temps. just my 2 cents. what conditions is yours being grown in