What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes robcantleyi (formerly known as Black Truncata)

I've been absent from the forums for a week or so - I was surprised that there have been no conversations here on the new availability of the Black Truncata babies - especially given how much interest the seed-grown hamatas generate ...

For those who haven't heard - here's a thread. (As usual - if this thread violates guidelines - mods can feel free to eliminate it from our plane of existence). :-O

Hard not to be impressed with pics of the "Queen of Hearts" & "King of Spades" ... :0o:

The truncata have been in discussio on the Chatbox, I can't wait I have one reserved :)

I seriously wish I could get one of these. Both turncatas are incredible. *Sadface*

Cap - maybe we can work something out for you, a trade or something later on
i have 4 reserved.

:0o: I feel a bit left out (no chance at getting one), but I hope that all of yours do well.

The Real American Dream: Learning you have the time, money, and space to get an N. truncata "Black", but didn't. ;)

wow. 50$ per seed? really?

wow. 50$ per seed? really?

Per seedling my friend.

And Clue, you'll have another chance, don't worry. Another release date is in the works.

Jason

I have one reserved. I
wanted to reserve multiples, but couldn't justify it. So I'm really hoping I get lucky and end up with a great specimen.

I really am out of room though. This thing has the potential to eat up so much space. Hopefully by the time it has some size I will have a greenhouse or growroom.

Cap - maybe we can work something out for you, a trade or something later on
i have 4 reserved.

Thanks for the very generous offer, but not allowed to trade and what not. ;) But thanks for offer! :)

Man I can't wait to get these. I got 2 reserved.

SK good call on 4, there is an almost certain chance statistically speaking (94%) that you will have a female. That is unless you are very unlucky.

So is another order coming or is that it?
never mind- I read there will be another release late this year or this coming spring

Lol Dash, that would be the reason i chose 4 xDDDD
im hoping im not very unlucky **knocks on wood**

i bet you'll be the one to make a world class famous cultivar and get rich selling clones :-D

Well i know im not the only one getting 4 or even more, so i dont know about that....
It would be interesting. xD
i just cant wait to see some mature pitchers on those babies, the flowers can take as long as they want as long as the plants are happy and producing large, beautifully colored pitchers o.o

I have 4 reserved also. Don't really have the money but couldn't pass it up:)
They should be GREAT neps.

I had one reserved and missed the payment window by 45 min. due to my own lack of attention. What a doofus. Needless to say i wasn't a happy camper all morning.... AARRGGH..... Now i know how Charlie Brown felt good grief.

I had one reserved and missed the payment window by 45 min. due to my own lack of attention. What a doofus. Needless to say i wasn't a happy camper all morning.... AARRGGH..... Now i know how Charlie Brown felt good grief.

not to rub it in but thanks man.
i had to snipe mine. i was 5th on the list so at least 4 others besides yourself lost theres.

i wish i could afford to get more than 1 but times are hard right now.
i just couldnt pass this up though.
D

Glad you got one ! They're gonna be nice. And next time I expect you to return the favor Ha ! :poke:

You know there are other sellers that deal with this plant and you can stil get it in US....last time i checked (today) they still had some on sale for September delivery. Good luck!

like Mark.ca said, I know of another CP place that happens to have some (I believe it is the Queen of hearts x kings of Spades that we are talking about.) I know I am going to try to get one. google is our friends. sorry if I break any rules.

Back