Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many nodes can activate at once

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I once saw an inermis vine about 2 feet long where every single node was activated. There were at least 15 new shoots there.
    Insanity is a sane response to an insane world.

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I chopped my large raff down a while ago.
    Last time I checked it has 5 nodes sprouting.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys...I think some might have misunderstood..My cutting has the gorwth tip already so no reasons to sprout a node what i was saying in this thread was the mother plant which is having nodes sproutin...Anyways looks like 4-5growing points is actually possible
    Well i have a growlist her but anyways heres mine in another forum.

http://www.forum.petpitcher.com/showthread.php?t=1119

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kentosaurs View Post
    Hi guys...I cut off the top part of my gracilis's stem to make some cuttings and now after 2 weeks the mother plant has some dormant nodes starting to sprout..I always thought that the plant would only activate one but today when i examined my gracilis closely i saw that there is 2 nodes of the green part of the stem, 1 on the brown part and another one coming from the stem just slightly above the LFS...They are all sprouting at once..All 4 sooo do they actually produce that many?? Cos it would be nice to have 4 growing points
    I trimmed back a Nepenthes hamata quite a while back and there are now approximately six plants growing from that original cut . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen eight pop up at the same time on my alata x ventrata, on a particularly long vine. Of those, four have continued to grow and I expect at least two to survive "permanently." (However long that is.) I didn't even cut it, it just fell over and the growth tip went into uppers, then it started budding like crazy along the bend in the stem.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a deroose alata ... alata x (alata x ventricosa) that activated about 5 nodes last year due to a catastrophe. I left it outside a little too long and let the temps get down to about 45 degrees. The main growth point burnt off and 5 nodes started to grow. 3 kept growing and 2 quickly stopped growing.

This summer, I let it get a little dry (I know I abuse this one badly) and when I went to go water it I noticed that about 5-8 nodes activated near the base which is a woody stem. They are still growing at this point with no signs of slowing.

From my limited observations, the activation of nodes seems to be when the plant goes into survival mode and is getting prepared to cut its losses or recover from injury. I may be way off base here, but just what I have observed from my poor bushy neglected ventrata.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12