Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Rajah growth stop?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rajah growth stop?

Hi all!

As some of u may have seen, I recently recieved 2 fairly large N rajahs. The thing I'd like to ask about is the lengthy stop in growth that I've heard that many rajah growers have experienced upon arrival or repotting..
    The thing is, the largest of the two is already producing a new leaf.. When it arrived, that leaf was in what i call the 'covered' stage, where its totally enclosed inside the previos leaf's 'stem'...
    Since then (about 10 days), its grown about an inch longer and is starting to rise.

Question is; Was i lucky and it skipped the stop, or do u think itll stop after the leaf is done?

Thanks /Daniel
    Spam, sausage, spam, spam, bacon and spam, Spam, spam, sausage, spam, egg, bacon and spam, Spam spam, spam, spam, tomato and spam...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good question Daniel, I think, that since yours arrived potted if i recall correctly, given the correct conditions, the plant would not stop....Some people say rajah stops growing temporarily after you move it into a new set of conditions, that could be said with any plant im sure, if it is still growing, id assume that it should continue to do so, mainly the rajahs sent bareroot (especially the large ones) are the most affected.
    I received a good size bical a few weeks back, bare root, and it didnt stop growing...its opening a leaf and inflating a pitcher on its previous leaf as well speak actually.

I say, just let it do its thing...if it grows without a hitch, congrats!
    if it stops for awhile, you know why, and just leave it be.

Hear the Call of Nepenthes carnivoure12's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weird, mine didn't skip a beat, it delayed the new leaf a a few days, but then it continued to unravel it, it is currently inflating 2 pitchers!

Perhaps it has to with how healthy a plant is when you get it my Vendor has very healty stock, also perhaps the clone? the conditions you bring it into. I've found that many plants people have trouble with during the aclimatization period, never really give me touble? S o I'm not sure...
    -Carnivoure12
    →Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys.
    Actually, they were shipped bare root, so i had a bit of a panic getting media for all that came, but i sorted it out.
    Well I guess the rumors of rajahs stopping dead are sort of exaggerated then...

Thanks for the replies! /Dan
    Spam, sausage, spam, spam, bacon and spam, Spam, spam, sausage, spam, egg, bacon and spam, Spam spam, spam, spam, tomato and spam...