What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sketches and Guesses

• Thread starter Clue
  • Start date

Clue

clippity-clip-clip
I admit that these aren't very good, but here are some sketches. If you can guess all four correctly, some more sketches will be uploaded (and better ones, at that!).

guess%231.jpg

guess%232.jpg

guess%233.jpg

#3 (The obvious one)

guess%234.jpg

where are they?

I really like contests, and I'm fairly certain of the first three, but here are my four guesses.

1) N. pervillei

2) N. lingulata

3) N.clipeata

4) N. mirabilis?

Thanks for putting on your contest Clue.

Dvg: Close!

The Rest of You: Keep guessing!

1. N. Pervillei
2. N. Lingulata hmm though the appendage looks a bit short to me
3. Hmmm how hard very unexpected N. clipeata
4. N. Boschiana

1. pervillei
2. lingulata
3.clipeata
4.im gonna say bokorensis

Ohhh 4. is Bokoriensis thats what I meant, not boschiana.

Ahh SK might be righ hmmmm the hair on the tendril is not a lingulata characteristic.

1. N. Pervillei
2. N. Pilosa
3. N. Cluepeata
3. N. Bokoriensis

The pictures in Pitcher Plants of the Old world of Pilosa are much better, and the darw-ring looks like pilosa from me judging form the books.

pitcher shape fits with uppers, they are too damn similar lol someone should add coloration to the freakin things <_< *cough* clue *cough* and more detailed in the spots or striping in peristome

they are too damn similar lol someone should add coloration to the freakin things <_< *cough* clue *cough* and more detailed in the spots or striping in peristome

That would take the fun out of it! :-))

Okay, since I was close before, how about:

1) N. pervillei I just noticed that N. alba has a similar pitcher shape to pervillei

2) N. chaniana

3) N. clipeata

4) N. mirabilis

Well you're probably right on that Kris so just for a laugh how about:

1) N. pervillei
2) N. chaniana
3) N. clipeata
4) N. kongkandana

---ERROR #10937---<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Clue, the first one is pervillei, the flowers make it obvious. They are so much different than other species of neps.

Hi. I'm guessing

1 Pervellei
2. Chaniana
3 Clipeata
4. Mirabilis

Pervileii
stenophylla (upper pitchers)
Clipeata x eymae (Because the way the tendril attaches to the leaf with the unopened pitcher.)
not sure

Back