What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taking it easy today so snapped a few photos as the sun was darting in and out of rain clouds.

Something new..
N. ampullaria red x sibuyanensis Looking good. I think these will be even nicer than the new N. amp red x ventricosa recently released. (close up of a seedling)
PLPic_NampXsib1.jpg

N. veitchii x platychila recently opened. This is the Malesiana plant. The peristome gets darker purple as it ages.
NveitchiiXplatychilaMT2CR.jpg

Now THIS is more like it!
N. veitchii bareo - Malesiana clone again. The plants have not grown too much larger yet since they arrived but the pitchers have gained alot of size and color. I think this is due in part to lower light levels and alot of nitrogen fertilizer where they were. The plants were VERY dark green and pitchers were just a couple inches tall on leaves 4 times that size.
Recently opened pitcher. The peristome gets very dark purple as it ages and the pink pitchers gets a little more green. You can see the much improved pitcher/leaf ratio too.
Nveitchiibareo3CR.jpg

One forum member might recognize this N. macrophylla. I put this in to show how important to feed your plants. Normally I don't hand feed them. You see alot of posts about the latest and greatest method to feed your plants. It really isn't necessary though to chase some new and fancy feeding method. This plant has received nothing but freeze dried bloodworms. It has made a few leaves for me since I received it but you can see now after a few months how the feeding has kicked in. I feed the plant about once a week with a few bloodworms into each open pitcher.
Nmac.jpg

And finally one to drool over..
(yes I am aware it is a lowland plant)
N. viking #19
and yes the color is accurate.
Nviking19NongCR.jpg

Beautiful, that veitchii x platychilalooks great, so does the veitchii bareo, i thought they were supposed to have stripes?

That redness is just incredible!

The N. viking is just.... wow!

It looks as though it should be beating with life
"Villains!" I shrieked, "dissemble no more! I admit the deed! tear up the planks! Here, here! It is the beating of his hideous heart!"

Av

fantastic plants!

spectacular plants Tony!! I just love your macrophylla and veitchii!! Amazing!!

dumbstruck!! the colors on those are so spectacular!!

The red one is my favorite.

WOW!!!!! i love N. viking. i want one sooooo bad!

Great looking pitchers!

amp x sib - with that parentage the pitchers should have decent girth when mature, and combined with that red color it should be a looker.

Excellent strain of N. "viking". I like how the more subtle color inside work so well with the intensely red outside. Another thing I like with the tubby forms are the large wings, just beautiful!

Regards,

Christer

Thanks all. Glad you enjoyed them.

The N. viking is just.... wow!

It looks as though it should be beating with life
"Villains!" I shrieked, "dissemble no more! I admit the deed! tear up the planks! Here, here! It is the beating of his hideous heart!"

Av

It gives me the same creepy feeling especially with all the veins which are darker red.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Beautiful, that veitchii x platychilalooks great, so does the veitchii bareo, i thought they were supposed to have stripes?

N. veitchii is very variable in pitcher and peristome color. Typical color for most would be greenish pitchers with a golden peristome. Pitchers can come in pink/reddish color though with peristomes from sparsley to heavily striped. Some will get very dark peristomes as they age.

This particular plant from MT gets very dark with age.
Nveitchiibareo.jpg

Great Neps!
love that Viking

Back