What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are these good for them?

I decided to start feeding my Nepenthes and while I was at the store today, I got some Betta fish pellets which I've heard does wonders. So are these it?
DSC03386.jpg

The only way to know if they're 'it' is to test it and see.

Not knowing how much I should put in, I put about three or four in two of my window N. x ventrata's pitchers and about four in one of my N. sanguinea's pitcher.

That's the kind that I've been using, pretty much - leftover food from my departed betta, Mr. President. I think sinking pellets might be better because they won't foul as easily. But I've never noticed any problems.
~Joe

Cool, thanks. :) Heh, they sunk anyway.

Yeah, I don't think that spoiled fluid is really that common a problem. (Except when pitchers get stuffed overflowing with house ants and get moldy... ugh.)
You can give your plants a gentle shake after feeding to stimulate digestive behavior. I think I read that on the Nep FAQ that used to be on Barry Rice's site but seems to have disappeared...
~Joe

Ok, thanks for the tip. :)

Havent used those particular ones but I'm sure they'll do fine.

ill have to get those ones!

I use bettabites it works ok I don;t see much different on the plant when feed them fish food. but they do get a little bigger. all u need is put about 4 or 5 pellet in the pitcher and give it a shake. it will expand over like 1 hours. live or freshly kill insect is still the best food for nepenthes :bigthumpup:

Back