What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher of the month TF version

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the pitcher has to be from this month as in the photograph has to be taken this month, or the pitcher has to have opened this month? Most of my pitchers take at least a month to mature, but I have an unopened one that I might like to enter.
~Joe

Here is my Entry
Intermediate pitcher of my
N. Ventricosa-squat x (Talangensis x Carruculata)

Picture015-8.jpg

Picture019-8.jpg

Daren

Sorry pic was taken at night will get a better pic in the morning

Very nice Daren, interesting itcher!

back2eight, which of the two pitchers are you entering, there is a limit of one pitcher per entry. and have both come from this month? they need to be pitchers from THIS month

they need to be pitchers from THIS month

Well any pitcher I take a picture of right now is from this month. But most of them grew and opened last month. So which is it?
Are time machines allowed? My bical had a great baby pitcher back in July before I took the plastic off my terrarium.
~Joe

Well....lets just do it as a pitcher from the last 2 weeks of last month or this month lol since its still early in the month...it wouldnt be quite fair i guess.

I don't know then, this is getting to have too many rules for me, just take my pic out. I don't remember exactly when the pitchers opened, and I don't feel like editing the pic again to just show one of them.

the only rule ive changed a bit was the time the picture has to be taken, i made it clear in the first post that it was to be ONE pitcher and if it were more than one pitcher in the photo, to clearly make out which one you were entering.

N. boschiana x unknown

Here is the whole pitcher! Just opened about a week ago.

N_+boschiana+x+unknown+3.jpg

Here is a close up of the peristome

N_+boschiana+x+unknown.jpg

Here is my N. "deroose alata". The picture doesn't do it justice, but I LOVED this pitcher I found hidden in the leaves today.

Picture051.jpg

I still Think The Bosch x Unknown is Bosch x Spec

Why not do it like the other forum? They don't have shaky "pitcher from this month" rules, only the photo has to be taken in the current month.

I'm rebelling! Here are some photos taken today of an N. "thorellii" pitcher that opened over a month ago. :p

thorellisgA1.jpg

thorellisgA2.jpg

The only problem with this idea is in this forum, people have personalities :D.
I'd have to agree about the "pitcher/picture from this month" rule though. If the pitcher has to open within the month, there will always be a lag in entries as people will always have to wait for something nice to open. If you're really unlucky, your best plant opens a pitcher every month at the end of the month, then you can't enter a mature pitcher from that plant in the contest!

But anyway, here's my pitcher entry, taken and opened this month:
N. 'sabre'

IMG_2704.jpg

IMG_2716.jpg

IMG_2715.jpg

Guys, I think the rules are pretty simple and it is to fair, because No, maybe you wont grow a nice beautiful pitcher every month or have it darken, but that's just the thing: Maybe next month you will. I for one, do have a pitcher which just opened two days ago and will color in nicely before September is over. However, in October I wont have a good candidate!

It all works itself out. Fun idea.

It's supposed to be the pitcher of the month, not month old pitcher of the month!
Requiring the pitcher to have opened in the same month as the photo eliminates experienced
growers finest achievements. This is a very poor representation of our hobby. What would cp books be like if we took out the adult plants?

This contest should be an awesome visual explanation of what can be achieved when properly growing these plants, the truest inspiration to the new.

To keep it fair it shouldn't be an old photo of some pitcher long since gone to dust. But still why not be able to re-enter that one that didn't win when it finally gets it's color, etc.?

You dont really need to be rude about it
So fine, pitchers from LAST month are allowed
i dont want older pitchers in it because i want it to be up in the air for the new kids too jack
if its really a big issue ill gladly close the thread and donate the seeds to the ICPS
Edit:
Jack i noticed you edited your post, thankyou for removing the rather crude context from that.

SK I'm so sorry. I was trying to be humorous, not to be rude to anyone.
I think the new should have a chance too. Not all of them see the photos off the other forums.
It's not a big issue and I think you're onto a good thing.
Sorry again. Please continue.

P.S. You know, it would completely set the photo contest apart if it actually was the month old pitcher month contest!

Hey guys,

I don’t see what the big fuss is about, Kris started the contest and is even providing a prize for the winner, if he decided to be eligible you had take to the photo on Saturday the 19th at 2:59pm to enter the contest you’d do it. If you can’t follow the rules just don’t enter.

Here are a few photos of one of my N. hamata upper pitchers that I took today that opened just under a week ago.

2009-9-16_Nepenthes_hamata%20(3).JPG

2009-9-16_Nepenthes_hamata%20(1).JPG

2009-9-16_Nepenthes_hamata%20(2).JPG

Thanks for the contest Kris and I would love to see it catch on here at TF.

-Jeremiah-

drooling over the Hamata! :drool:

Well, I'm not beating that, lol.

My entry is an uncolored N. inermis x bongso pitcher:
DSC03392.jpg

DSC03393.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back