What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. 'Lady Pauline'

• Thread starter dvg
  • Start date
  • Tags
    lady
A new pitcher opened on my N. 'Lady Pauline' recently, and since it was fairly respectable looking, I thought I'd post a few pics of it.

IMG_1727-1.jpg

Here is a comparison shot between the previous pitcher and the newest one.

IMG_1722-1.jpg

The peristomes get darker with age, but for now it is a brighter red.

IMG_1707-1.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty colors. :)

N. x 'Lady Pauline' was a terrible name for a male plant, wasn't it?

I think its a beautiful name, N. "Sir Paul" wouldn't really fit the picture above :p

Beautiful. You should enter it into SK's pitcher of the month contest.

Wow, very nice. I still wish I had one. :/

Great pitcher. Lady Pauline is still one of my favorite neps. So prolific and forgiving.

Very nice Dvg, as always :D

Thank you for the kind comments guys.

Carnivoure12 Hahaha. I agree, but a Nep named 'Sir Paul' might turn out to be a real beetle magnet.

Theyellowdart, I considered entering, but i don't qualify because I have had this Nep in my care since only April. Rulz iz rulz.

Very nice pitchering for owning it such a short time period.....

it looks just like a Miranda. Are they crossed with some of the same plants?

I don't see any resembalance to miranda perhaps the coloraton, and the lsmaller picther might look a bit, but not really... Pauline is talangensis x maxima

Very nice looking!

Thanks again, GregNY and jimscott.

Back2eight, I do see what you are saying, and there is a common parent in each of these hybriids. 'Lady Pauline' is indeed as C12 stated: N. (talangensis x maxima)

N 'Miranda' is commonly thought to be N. ['Mixta' x maxima], which breaks down to N. [(northiana x maxima) x maxima]

So the maxima is really showing itself in each of these. And you have grown yourself a nice looking N. 'Miranda' from what I've seen in your pics.

For me it ain't easy to grow a highland nep in super lowland conditions but after some hard work of keeping it humid it made pitchers for me...probally 1/10 of tat size hahaha...I'll post a pic when the newest pitcher peristrome reddens up

Maxima, thats what I thought. They have that parent in common and it is definitely showing through with the coloration. Nice!

Hey kentosaurus, I'd love to see your 'Lady Pauline' pitcher pics. And the last pic i posted wasn't more than 3 and a half to four inches max from base to top of the pitcher, so there is still room for improvement, i'm hoping.

Back2eight, yeah the maxima is very prevalent throughout the Nep kingdom and probably influences more Nepenthes 'species' than is currently acknowledged. But DNA testing might clear some of that up.

Just a pic of my lady pauline grown in lowland conditions :) So don't ask why the pitchers are so small haha..

RIMG2946.jpg

That's coming along very nicely Kentosaurs. I purchased mine as a large sized plant and it was just a bit larger than yours is now. Your next pitcher will be impressive, judging by the size of the peristome development on your newest pitcher. I feed mine fruit flies and the odd moth that's hovering around this time of year. I'd like to see how the next pitcher turns out for you. Good Luck !

here is a reverse of that grex
maxima x talangensis, one of 2 plants i have of this cross
a very very vigorous plant, im looking into potentially getting a lady pauline here shortly but i have other things to take care of
CPs9-13-09012.jpg

CPs8-1516-09007.jpg

and here is a photo of a smaller one of the same hybrid...an older photo though
CPs8-19-09016.jpg

Back