What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seed germination experience

Just wanted to share my experience with nep seeds. I read all the threads I could find on this forum regarding nep seed germination. Needless to say, if you've read them, you know they are ...diverse. Some of them are downright contradictory, and they are adamant that there is one best way to germinate. I decided to cover my bases, and tried everything. I used chopped sphagnum, peat/perlite, light, dark, covered, uncovered...everything. The only seeds that popped up for me in the end were the ones planted in 1:1 peat/perlite, under a light, covered with a small opening for air circulation. The seeds may also not have been great, as I got them free with a plant order. My daytime temps were in the mid-70s and nights were in the high 60s. I'm in CO, so the ambient humidity is about 40%, but was probably lower with the heater running (sown in April). I was almost ready to throw the pots out, because all I was getting was mold, but 4 plants finally sprouted after about 5-6 weeks.

adrian

Thanks for the info. It'll come in handy for me very soon.

Back