I wanted to share my progress with my Nepenthes that have been on a windowsill for about a month. I will document their progress along the way, and post updates.
A member here, Jimmy Inspired me to try windowsill growing now that I have a proper Window
The following Nepenthes are on the windowsill:
- 50% - less humidity
- Twice a day misting
- Distilled water
- Direct Morning sun until noon
- Bright indirect light in the afternoon
- Highland Temperatures
Do you guys think N. spectabilis x aristolochioides will do well on the windowsill?
- N. 'Lady Pauline' - Fastest to adjust
- N. ventricosa - second fastest to adjust inflating frist pitcher on windowsill
- N. x ventrata - Growing well
- N. rafflesiana - 3 weeks to adjust
- N. sanguinea - 3 weeks to adjust
- N. spectabilis x aristolochioides - repotted and put on windowsill today 09/14/09
Finally I say so far, from what I have observed, i'd say its been successful, and the the nice tints of red on the stems are witnesses to it!
N. 'Lady Pauline' - latest Pitcher (made on windowsill)
N. 'Lady Pauline' full Plant
N. x mixta
N. ventricosa getting some coloration
coloration on N. x mixta