What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A couple of jamban clones, post yours as well please

Just curious on how the Jamban's are doing ? I too am curious as to how big these get ?
Dan

Dan,

Lower jamban pitchers get to about 2.5" tall and uppers pitcher are 5" tall. They don't get too big. I have several jambans because it is one of my favorite speices, none have uppers yet but I am getting some nice 3 to 4" intermediate pitchers and hope to see some uppers by next summer.

Here is my BE Clone from this past may:
Nepenthes-jamban-03-13-11-02.jpg

Nepenthes-jamban-03-13-11-01.jpg

nepenthes-jamban.jpg

I also have a couple jambans of the same size from seed and several seedlings from different locales. Such an awesome species.

Dan,

Lower jamban pitchers get to about 2.5" tall and uppers pitcher are 5" tall. They don't get too big. I have several jambans because it is one of my favorite speices, none have uppers yet but I am getting some nice 3 to 4" intermediate pitchers and hope to see some uppers by next summer. .

Very nice ! How big do the leaves get ? Wikipedia is the only source that mentions leaf size at 4.5 inches, is that what you are seeing ? I ask as I just want to stick with smaller plants as I get back into the hobby.

Thanks,
Dan

Sorry, no recent pics. My plant went from an inter-nodal distance of <1" to 3-4" and was literally sprinting across the 40 gal tank it's in. To try to slow it down, I started air-layering about two weeks ago. Wish me luck.

Dan,

That sounds right each lamina is about 4-5" so a plant would likely get about 10" wide across. Though I will say that a full grown plant can get to about 13 feet long, so it depends on your space. Jamban is also a pretty quick growing plant so it may outgrow you height limitation pretty quickly.

Michael.. what are you using as a floor in your grow lab? I just noticed everything is white, rather than the black material the grow labs are made out of.

Travis,

Those pictures are taken on my balcony, when I had some plants growing outside in Spring. The balcony is just painted cement, like the rest of our apartment complex.

Dan,

That sounds right each lamina is about 4-5" so a plant would likely get about 10" wide across. Though I will say that a full grown plant can get to about 13 feet long, so it depends on your space. Jamban is also a pretty quick growing plant so it may outgrow you height limitation pretty quickly.

I have just the place for that size plant !
Thanks !
Dan

My BE clone
Njamban_10-13-11.jpg

Here is mine. Pic was taken a couple of months ago.

1664-1.jpg

1631-1.jpg

Cool pics & plants ! I have one of these on my wish list !
Dan

Great photos. Without a doubt, this is among my favorite nep species.

Awesome picture Paul!

Back