What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A couple of jamban clones, post yours as well please

SK,
They both look great, obviously very happy under your care. :)

thanks :) this species has quickly made it to the top of my list of favorites, im thankful to macamus definitely for trusting me with his plants that he worked so hard to buy and raise, they have a home with me macamus, ill keep you updated

it's about time that i post mine as well i suppose. :)

oldest pitcher:
RSCN3203.JPG

another one:
DSCN3058.jpg

entire plant:
DSCN3052.jpg

Very nice. It's great seeing the variability in the difft clones. Can't wait to start seeing uppers.

Ill get some pics of my two clones up tomorrow....
One of them just opened up an amazing pitcher, so i will definitely be entering that into a competition in the next month i think ;)
Thanks for keeping this thread going guys, to be completely honest, i forgot about it

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Meh screw it i decided to get pics tonight since i have no idea how busy ill be tomorrow
My first clone (and personal favorite) Pitcher just opened, will probably get a little wider in the mouth but other than that it looks about done...
flavaandjambans001.jpg

flavaandjambans002.jpg

flavaandjambans003.jpg

My second clone which has a basal, but that basal is about to go off to its new home with Brokken ;)
flavaandjambans004.jpg

A group shot with the two siblings....
flavaandjambans006.jpg

Here's a more recent shot of my plant. Interestingly enough, the color of the pitchers seems to alternate between light and dark, regardless of the amount of light afforded it . . .

Nepenthes jamban -- 28 April 2010

JAMBAN-1.jpg

What a difference a few degrees make! I traded for this plant from a grower in an apartment. While it grew for him, it refused to pitcher. Here's it's 1st pitcher after finding a new home in my basement:
Njamban1stpitcher041610RS.jpg

It is currently inflating another on the other side of the pot. I'm pretty impressed by the size of the pitcher vs the overall size of the plant (the pitcher seems too big for the plant...). This is the opposite of my maxima - large leaves & tiny pitchers....

I like the interior spotting on that.

time to update:

i shall call him....mini-me:
IMG_1148.jpg
DSCN3814.jpg

*jealousy*

My jamban became ill a few months back and is just now dropping a tendril again for me. I hope it looks even remotely as amazing as the others in this thread...

How big do these get? The pictures I saw online my the pitchers look massive, but I guess it was just the photos. They look awesome!

to tell you the truth, i have no idea. the pot is a 4" tall pot though, just for scale.

HA! I've got you all crushed.. This beauty really takes the cake. :awesome:

100_8022.jpg

Damn... that spag really is beautiful... ;)

Well I'm not gonna be outdone by MASS! :D

Here's my N. jamban (s) in their foggy tank

jambancuttings1.jpg

The leftmost tip cutting looks like should be making a pitcher soon! :)
Dormant nodes on the other sections have poked out but not begun developing yet, so they're a toss up.

My excuse why it's like this: I was lazy and I left it potted the way it had arrived and didn't put it in a nice open airy mix like I should have and the roots died. So I chopped it into 4 pieces and treated as vine cuttings and crossed my fingers, at least it looks like I'll still have the one plant.

I just got mine a couple weeks ago, so I can't take any credit for its growth. However, I will take credit for actually keeping it alive for the 2+ weeks :D

001-3.jpg

002-3.jpg

001-1.jpg

Let me join your party! Here is mine:

Oct. 2010:
jamban11_21_20104.jpg

March.2011:
NjambanandNaristolochioides2.jpg

How big do these get? The pictures I saw online my the pitchers look massive, but I guess it was just the photos. They look awesome!

I wonder this also. The uppers I hoped to be 6" across when I first saw them. But now, seeing how small the plant remains, I'd guess they might reach 3" or 4", if that, across. Total guess.

Back