What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crissytal

What is and what should never be
I haven't posted in this section in awhile.

A few Nepenthes:

N. ventricosa x aristolochioides
IMG_4536.jpg

N. talang x veitchii
IMG_4538.jpg

N. talang - after a year I get two bigger leaves
IMG_4540.jpg

N. spectabilis
IMG_4541.jpg

N. clipeata x (clipeata x eymae)
IMG_4542.jpg

N. clipeata x (clipeata x eymae) basal
IMG_4543.jpg

N. burbidgeae
IMG_4546.jpg

N. muluensis x lowii
IMG_4548.jpg

N. trunc
IMG_4554.jpg

N. rajah
IMG_4556.jpg

N. izumiae xx Trusmadiensis
IMG_4557.jpg

N. flava
flava.jpg

Enjoy,
Crystal

Last edited:
Very nice. :) The N. ventricosa x aristo looks odd. And do you still grow your Nepenthes in lowland conditions? If so, good job on the rajah. :)

Astounding, Crystal!

Thanks for the kind words everyone :).

Cap - My conditions are more intermediate now than lowland. The temperatures used to peak around 85-86F, now they stay around 80F during the day and drop down to 78F at night (huge drop I know ;)). So yep, temperatures are still fairly warm. Thanks :). I've had the rajah for a little over a year now I believe. It's over doubled in size. Most people apparently don't believe it can be done ???. I have a N. ephippiata and Helis growing in the same conditions as well.

Crystal

One thing I've learned in this hobby (and in keeping reef tanks), is that consistency is more important than conditions. Crystal's plants are a great example.

I agree Dart, I too believe that consistency is the key. Not all species are able to take the abuse, though I have found most are. I was hoping I could coax the N. talangensis to pitcher for me; that might be a losing battle though. I know a few that have had problems with it in close to perfect conditions.

Crystal

Aagh! Those first two are pretty close to the top of my wish list. And I miss my muluensis x lowii...
Very nice pictures. Sorry to hear about your troubles with talangensis - I guess it's kind of finicky for cooler temperatures. They're definitely worth the work though. Mine is one of my favorite Neps, when I'm not waiting months for the pitchers to inflate.
~Joe

I love that they all look like relatively small plants, Love em all, you have a bunch of Nepenthes I have been lusting after for a while! Nice stuff

Beautiful plants; I especially like the N. spectabilis. Thanks for sharing!

Aagh! Those first two are pretty close to the top of my wish list. And I miss my muluensis x lowii...
Very nice pictures. Sorry to hear about your troubles with talangensis - I guess it's kind of finicky for cooler temperatures. They're definitely worth the work though. Mine is one of my favorite Neps, when I'm not waiting months for the pitchers to inflate.
~Joe

I miss my muluensis x lowii too... :-(

Nice pics Crystal!

Fantastic fantastic !

Joe - Sorry to hear about your muluensis x lowii. I really like mine, it's a cute little plant. I'm not worried about the talangensis, it's a small price to pay for growing things different from nature. I'll keep it for awhile longer, if it doesn't do anything I'll try to find a new home for it. I've heard tale of even those with cooler conditions have issues getting it to pitcher. I think it's finicky all the way around. Maybe there's more than one clone out there.

ellisonk001 - Thanks :). The N. spectabilis just recovered and started pitchering again from the last basals it made. Now it's making three more. They take a huge toll on the main vine unfortunately. That will probably be my last pitcher on the main plant for awhile.

Thanks everyone for the kind words :).

Crystal

Back