What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Male N. spectabilis x ventricosa flowering

I have a N. spectabilis x ventricosa that is flowering and haven't a clue what to do with the thing. Anyone have a female who wants to guide me through the process? Happy to do a half seed trade.

IMG_7366.JPG

IMG_7367.JPG

Pictures of a pitcher
IMG_7370.JPG

IMG_7369.JPG_595.jpg

IMG_7368.JPG.php

any pics of the pitchers!

Let all the flowers open then a day later tap the pollen onto apeice of wax paper. I have a N. Gothica starting to flower so depending on if is a girl. I would.
I know I said I would help but I have been very busy I will ty an get on the chat box tonight.
Daren

any pics of the pitchers!

Just added pics of the first pitcher which ironically just opened during flowering. The pics are in the original post.

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Let all the flowers open then a day later tap the pollen onto apeice of wax paper. I have a N. Gothica starting to flower so depending on if is a girl. I would.
I know I said I would help but I have been very busy I will ty an get on the chat box tonight.
Daren

So wait until all the flowers open or tap them one by one as they open? Put it in wax paper and then in the fridge?

woah! is this one from BE?

No, by the time the flowers on the upper part of the stalk opens the pollen on the lower flowers will be gone/not viable. When the pollen is ready to be harvested (a day or two after opening) it will freely fall into aluminum foil or wax paper. It can be stored in the refrigerator in this fashion for a few weeks to a few months, perhaps longer. From what I've read, no studies have been conducted to see exactly how long pollen can be stored. I also believe it can be frozen for up to a year. Don't quote me on that though.

Crystal

Xan
I would take Crystal's
Advise .
She has answered faster then the person i was asking

Back