What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mtv...anyone?

N. macrophylla

IMG_1819-1.jpg

N. tenuis

IMG_1777-1.jpg

IMG_1788-1.jpg

N. villosa

IMG_1759-1.jpg

WOW! Very nice plants! I love both of them very much!

Wow!! Stunning!!! Excellent! I'm so proud of you! not much tenuis have been shown, actually i'd say none like this :D

Great job buddy :)

Haha, nice title. Excellent plants. :) But the picture for the N. villosa is broken for me, but I'm sure it's very nice. ;)

Thanks guys, the villosa pic should be up now.

very very very nice plant.

Oh, thanks. :) It's nice.

I dont understand the thread title..mtv anyone?

Scot

macrophylla
Tenuis
Villosa

reference to the tv channel?

Edit: Blah, Carn beat to it.

Those look great!
Do you have any info on conditions you keep them in?
Peace,
Zero

WOW, now that is my kind of mtv! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks guys.

Zero, I grow all of my Neps on my basement floor. They are mostly still small yet so they are in either 4, 5 or 6 inch plastic pots, which I keep in 10 x 20 inch seedling trays. During the day they are uncovered and exposed to our arid Alberta air. At night I mist them all down, put a 7 inch high propagation dome over them and move all of these to a cool room in the house. In summer I use ice packs at night if necessary, to bring the temps down. Once they get larger, I will build a special room for them with a cooling source.

I may have to try that.
I didn't think those true HL neps could take such a big swing in humidity each day.
I live in Maine so I could do something similar.
Again, great neps and thanks for the info.

WOW!!!!!! 3 of the Absolute best species Around. Makes me want to get a Macro and Villosa now. I cant wait till My Tenuis looks like that. Very nicely grown.

Waooo~ really cool nepenthes. Excellent!
Thanks for your sharing.

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

Zero, it is my understanding that H/Lers can take a lower humidity during the day, and will be okay with that if they get higher humidity and a temperature drop during the night. So that is what I aim for.

I also top dress all of my Nep pots with about an inch or so of lfs, to keep humidity levels up around the small plants. Most plants will adjust to ambient humidity levels if it is done gradually enough. Also if I'm around during the day, I'll try and mist the plants and their dropping tendrils, to encourage pitchering.

Great info dvg!

Great stuff as always, Doug! These sorts of pics are the ones that make my collection grow and my wallet shrink. ;)

Thanks Clue.

Yes, I'm noticing that CP's eat more than just bugs. They also like to chomp down greenbacks, devour credit cards, and finally rifle through pockets with sticky tendrils, searching out spare change for dessert. And they are quite thorough.

Back