What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Picture of a Grown N. Ventricosa?

I got a Nep ventricosa from Lowe's, and it's finally starting to get some nice pitchers. It's living on my windowsill (no death cube!), and I was wondering how big this thing will get. I tried searching on here, but everything's a hybrid. Is mine probably a hybrid? If not, can someone point me in the direction of a grown N. ventricosa?

I could get pretty big, but it really depends on you. I personally would let it grow until it gets too tall for my space and take cuttings.

I found this while googling pictures of Nepenthes Ventricosa:

NVentricosa2.jpg

Mine have gotten quite big. Not monstrous, but one is maybe a metre and a half. It's hard to measure as it has started growing along the floor of the sunroom and in between other plants, but it doesn't look like it's about to slow. I'd be interested too to know how big they eventually get? I don't think space will be a problem for me, and like others have said, it's easy enough to just take cuttings but it would be interesting to know anyhow.

All the best

John

Mine is 2 years old (not counting pre-deathcube time) and is about... 12" tall, give or take. About 6 months ago it sent up a second and third (edit: and fourth) stem which are currently doing their own thing with small traps.

It's in a 11" pot (I believe, anyway), Pete / Perlite mix with lots of live LFS on top, and has not been repotted since I first repotted it from the deathcube.

Back