What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S_Oregon_CP

Bio is my life!
I took advantage of a huge Nepenthes sale and got the following. The purpose of this post is to ask if anyone has any pictures of these or any advice. I am by no means new to Neps but I always appreciate everyone's input. Thanks!

Nepenthes vieillardii
Nepenthes tomoriana
Nepenthes mira
Nepenthes glabrata
Nepenthes maxima
Nepenthes bellii
Nepenthes hirsuta
Nepenthes mirabilis var. echinostoma
Nepenthes diatas
N. bongso purple
N. reinwardtiana
N. petiolata
N. madagascariensis from seed
N. macfarlanei

I know about all that. I was looking for TF'ers home grown pictures. I have google and yahoo'ed em both. Also any experience's or advice people think is worth mentioning.

Maxima is nice, easy, and rewarding, I'm sure you'll have no trouble with it.
That's the only one I have.

Thank you. I am excited about maxima. I hava a maxima x TM and its great. I am under the impression that this plant is a large and fast grower and that will make up for some of my slower Neps.

N. diatas, so I have heard, is a fussy and slow growing ultra-highlander that likes high humidity and doesn't acclimate well to different conditions.

N. bellii is a Phillipine species that despises moving, prefers higher humidity, and is a viney species.

Wow, that sounded dismal when I read it the second time. o.o

LoL... I am lucky to have a pretty nice set up I built that I have now gotten to the point where shipped plants barely slow down at all. I am hoping they dont prove me wrong :) .

From what I've seen from other TF'ers, N. glabrata seems like a viney weed when grown right.

Edit: According the to Savage Garden, N. hirusta is a small growing scrambler and is perfect for warmer terrariums (intermediate/lowland)

My glabrata took a while to settle in, but once it did, it grew quickly, and vined quite quickly. Seems to produce pitchers in flushes, ie puts out a bunch of tendrils, they sit for some time, then inflates them all at once. Seems to like high light and moderate humidity, imo.

N. mira is a funny little plant. it grows well sometimes and other times it doesnt. it didnt like my bright light so i put it under less and its growing very well now. the pitchers burrow into the ground and inflate from there. still an overall weird plant but its got a soft spot in my heart haha.
when i first got it:
IMG_1092.jpg

now:
100_0006.jpg

for me it stays small. i got it in may of like... 07 i think. get a wide pot so i can bury its tendrils.

Alex

Thank you for your input. And thank you for the picture's. I am very excited.

They arrived today and it took about an hour and a half to repot them all and put them into thier respective HL and LL tanks. Cant wait to see em grow!

Back