Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Northwest Fall Nep photos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Northwest Fall Nep photos

I thought i would join in and post a few photos of my neps in their new winter home.
    First off is an N. spectabilis x aristolochioides, such a great hybrid, vigorous and gorgeous to boot!

A freshly opened N. tentaculata gunung Murud pitcher

My N. glabrata finally recovered and has many growth points (not all visible in this photo)

I recently repotted my seedgrown N. macrophylla and it slowed down but has finally put out a new, healthy leaf..hopefully will get a pitcher from it!

N. truncata x xTrusmadiensis, this was from the batch of plants released in the beginning of this year, so far i seem to have the only one with a striped peristome...i want to see some others of this cross from this batch, so please post them!

N. ventricosa x angasanensis EP, i received this plant as a cutting from max at the end of last year i believe along with a predator cutting, and damn this thing is vigorous! once it rooted and activated its nodes, it just took right off!

N. veitchii Batu Lawi highland, hard to believe just a few months ago it was barely an inch or so in diameter...it is in a 4" pot

N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana, finally seems to be inflating a pitcher (off to the left sitting in a pot) and is growing steadily, however rather slowly.

A small group of my first group of seedgrown plants, germinated back in August of 08, these are N. splendiana x [(veitchii x maxima) x veitchii] which i received from Barracuda 45 who in turn received them from Tropics

I received this ephippiata last year some time, and it didnt do too well at first...now its just taking off and growing happily, along with 2 more growth points...and sharing its home with a little baby spider.

N. jamban pitcher which colored up a bit more than i thought it would

N. spathulata x thorelii, i received this plant from Daniel (Nepenthes)

And a humble N. sanguinea 'orange' from Andy, this was my first nep i ever got...and i doubt i will ever part with it for that reason...it started this damn addiction to neps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've got a solid collection of healthy Neps there. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Good luck with the new pitcher on your macrophylla. It certainly looks like it's on the push.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice as always.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Envy! Those are amazing!
    They're watching us. o.0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice plants! Their colours are amazing! They all look ver very nice, thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice, love em all. Hey any tips on how you sustained such healthy live sphagnum?? I got my hands on some and it died/burned right up. I didnt have the time to mist frequently enough or maybe my light is just to bright but it just seemed to dry up so quickly.... Any suggestions? Loving the improv on the setup though!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't wait til my glabrata looks like that - what was wrong with it that you say it had to recover?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thez, it had a rather bad run about with some spider mites earlier this year, as did most of my neps...but they have all recovered now finally.

Greg, as far as the sphagnum, it only grew that well when it was outside, ive yet to see if it will continue to hold up in the new space now. humidity seems to be key, along with light and air circulation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast