What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nightsky

Lover of Mountains
Nothing spectacular, but I know we all love pics.

truncata x ephippiata, newly opened pitcher. This pitcher is 6". Lots of stripes in the peristome, and it darkens rapidly after opening, I was surprised at the amount of red overall. The second pic shows an older pitcher with some exudate on the lid. Kinda hard to see in the lighting but it's there!
IMG_9593copy.jpg

IMG_9596copy.jpg

muluensis x lowii. This one pouted for almost a year after getting it, but once it woke up it's been growing a pitchering nicely. There's two more pitcher buried in the moss, and two more older pitchers on the other side of the plant. Right now, my second most prolific pitcherer after Lady Pauline.
IMG_9620copy.jpg

Small hamata, standard BE clone. Great plant, hasn't missed a beat, each pitcher looks better and better. This pitcher's been open about a week, it's darkening slowly.
IMG_9602copy.jpg

IMG_9601copy.jpg

singalana. She's a beauty! Darn slow growing for me lately, plant stays quite small so far. Should look great in a couple years time.
IMG_9627copy.jpg

veitchii H/L x eymae seedling. So far nothing much to look at. Grows at a moderate rate. The peristome has some faint striping so I have high hopes:
IMG_9629copy.jpg

thorelii x (spectabilis x northiana). Pitcher about 7". This plant loves to blush; so much red in the pitchers and leaves:
IMG_9632copy.jpg

spectabilis x mira, pitcher several months old. This plant is frustrating me. The plant arrived in bad shape, and still over a year and a half later it struggles. What happens is the growth tip 'disappears' randomly. Several leaves unfurl normally, then one will unfurl and there will be a little microscopic nub for a growth tip. It will sit there for a long time, months, then make a couple deformed leaves and start the process over. It's has been painfully slow growing also. It did put out a basal a while back, which is growing fantastically though, so I may just chop the main vine and let the basal take over.
IMG_9634copy.jpg

Good ol' Lady Pauline. This plant rocketed in the past several months. Went from about a foot high to now 4'. Plus it has a basal that is really showing some vigor. No uppers yet, but hopefully soon:
IMG_9637copy.jpg

Of course we all love pics. :rolleyes:

I especially appreciate your hamata. Perhaps a greener variant, or just slow
to colour up — only time will tell.
Also that is one gorgeous looking Lady Pauline.

Great photos and well grown plants!

Woah! Thats alot of spag to be covering the singalana o.o

The coloration in your muluensis x lowii is very unique. Nice job.

The muluensis x lowii takes the prize for me. Nice coloration.

Wow, all the plants stunning me. Nice jobs.

Wow....(Psst) lemme tell you something:your neps are spectacular!

Great job cultivating!

Hi,

Very nice plants.

I really like the stocky pitchers on your N. veitchii x eymae. Also, nice seeing one of my current favorites - truncata x ephippiata, good colors on that one too.

Interesting to read about the strange behavior of your N. spectabilis x mira. My plant did grow well until late this summer when it started to produce small tendrilless leaves. At first I was expecting to see a flower stalk appear, which I have sometimes seen when other plants produces these types of leaves. My plant didn't stall altogether, instead it has produced several of these "deformed" leaves. Recently, I noticed that a small basal rosette had started to grow, so with that I was thinking that the main rosette might be about to die away. But now I can see that the latest leaf is increasing in size again, although still without a tendril. Also nice seeing the variation in this cross, your plant have stocky pitchers, which is very different from mine.

Regards,

Christer

very beautiful plants! I really like the muluensis x lowii!

Wow. Those are really something! I gotta love the wings on your N. truncata x ephippiata. But wow, all your Neps are just great! :D

Thanks all. Not all my neps look presentable, only the few I showed :-)) I have a vining glabrata that has a bunch of tendris but hasn't inflated any of them in months. My spectabilis, ventricosa, etc don't look great at all.

Oh, haha. Still, you have a lot of nice Neps. :)

Back