Thread: Nepenthes SP1 help

Boulder co
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

Nepenthes SP1 help

Heya guys!
    Hope it's all going well in your corner of the world.
    So heres whats up, I have a Nepenthes SP1 that i got from ___________.
    snagged it just about 3 to 4 weeks ago and wile almost all of my plants i got from them have made at least 1 attempt at making a trap (my, i think N.ventrata has exploded in traps ), my SP1 has done....well nothing.
    Has anyone grown this plant before? I am having a lot of trouble finding info on the plant and the conditions it needs. It came with a 1/2 dead pitcher that was easy to see how spectacular it was before it died off.
    I would very much like to see what it truly looks like so I need any info on how I should change the surrounding to nudge it in the right direction.
    A picture of a grown plant would be awesome. I can not find one.

On a side not the plant only has 4 full leaves but they are quite big. This leads me to hypothosize that due to a lack of photosynthetic power the plant is taking longer before it makes the energy reserves for traps....maybe?
    *edit: vendor name removed*
    "4 wheels moves the body, 2 wheels moves the soul"
    "The problem with speed is it's a drug. The more you take the more numb to it you become. So the faster you have to go to get the high."

SF Bay Area & Davis
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    Careful not to name vendors, DJ.

Nepenthes Sp. 1 (I do presume that you're talking about Borneo Exotics Sp. 1) is a large and vigorous intermediate plant that has tall spotted pitchers. It is in the process of being described as a new species.

Most Neps take up to 3 months to get acclimated. Once they do, you'll see regular growth and lots of pitchers.

Here's a good thread on CPUK about the species.
    "I, for one, can't wait to grow Nepenthes extincta!"
    Plant List ; blog

In transit across the U.S., again
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, as long as the leaves are green don't sweat it too much. They require aclimating/adjusting time. Just give it all the proper care you can.
    Good growing, Jack
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead, American Anthropologist