Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trying out a video thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greg: Thank you for the compliments. Other then a few that I've purchased online, my collection is from the generosity of many people here. Big thanks to all of them!

Deathjester: I have some older threads on here that are picture threads, they are much nicer for visual purposes for I find the video thread better to get the size of the plants across as well as growing setup.
    The bical is indeed in the tank for RH reasons for now; once it outgrows the tank (probably in a few months to a year at this rate) I'll be using the whole rack it sits on as a miny chamber. As for how long I"ve had these it really depends. My oldest 2 I have had for about 2 years and the most recent ones I have had for about 2 months at most.

SK: Thanks for the correction man, I knew I'd miss or mess something up :P

Veronis: Glad to hear you enjoyed the video. I use a Canon powershot SD1000. Has some very nice macro features on the camera but as you can see the video, even shot on macro, really isnt great.

Keith: Thank you The mirabilis x tiger really picked back up! Looks a lot like the mirabilis 'Hot Lips' I have. The amp also has started putting out some nicer pitchers after about 9-10 months.

Alex:They sure have man, the albo is really putting on some growth. The trunc x sang is a bit slower but it's chugging along and boy do the pitchers show some promise! Cant wait for the splend x trunc to get that size! Big thanks to you and to everyone that has a hand in my collection

BANNED
    Kansas / So If you Find Me You better shoot fatser Then Me !!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'M ON YOUTUBE .......

Yann ,
    The N. Kohala has gotten huge since i sent it .

The N. Menehune looks like it is growing well also.

Your N. Khasiana still seems small ,but your pitchers are nice sized , have you thought about putting it in a bigger pot ? With that kind of lighting it wont be long an that thing will go on a growth spurt that you can't stop ....lol.

An as for the Survival Blanket ...... I got that idea from a friend of mine on another forum ...lol.

Nice job Yann.
    Keep up the good work

Daren

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CN View Post
    I'M ON YOUTUBE .......

Yann ,
    The N. Kohala has gotten huge since i sent it .

The N. Menehune looks like it is growing well also.

Your N. Khasiana still seems small ,but your pitchers are nice sized , have you thought about putting it in a bigger pot ? With that kind of lighting it wont be long an that thing will go on a growth spurt that you can't stop ....lol.

An as for the Survival Blanket ...... I got that idea from a friend of mine on another forum ...lol.

Nice job Yann.
    Keep up the good work

Daren
    I'm hoping the kohala shows more veitchii traits with the next coming pitchers.

As for the khasiana repotting, I've thought about it but am still debating on a medium and whether I want to keep the basal on there or not. No question it will very soon need a bigger pot but for now it's doing fine so I think I will hold off until early spring unless I see signs of decline sooner.

GOTTA LOVE THE SURVIVAL BLANKETS!!

BANNED
    Kansas / So If you Find Me You better shoot fatser Then Me !!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yann,
    here is why i asked this pic was taken in June this year . (it is in a six inch pot )

This was this morning..... The Leaf is almost as long as my Arm (now it is in a Eight inch pot an needs to be repotted)

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the paneling on the shelves. Are those holes or indention? The flat-ness would have been very helpful to me when I had my grow shelf as I could be more careless in setting pots down without worrying about them slipping sideways on the wire frame.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xvart View Post
    I really like the paneling on the shelves. Are those holes or indention? The flat-ness would have been very helpful to me when I had my grow shelf as I could be more careless in setting pots down without worrying about them slipping sideways on the wire frame.

xvart.

I've fallen victim to those wire shelves myself. I have a small one that the bical sits on.
    As for the plastic shelves those are indentations that have holes in the bottom. They surprisingly came in handy for flower stalks like binata which grew ridiculously high. Rather then chopping them off I just locate the pot over one of the above holes and let the stalk grow into it.

Another huge plus is that the shelves are very east to assemble. On the down side there is no height adjustment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking great. I find it interesting how differently people pronounce names. I pronounce bical and veitchii differently. :P I love the N. gracilis.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123